The Encounter

"Hey, you're kinda cute, and from Tokiwadai, at that!" Misaka sighed as she crossed her arms and leaned against the brick wall. " Stupid thugs," Misaka thought, " leave before I zap the lot of you." We'll make sure you get home safe. That is, if we let you go home!" a young man with some serious stubble drawled. This is Academy city. There is no such thing as security, Misaka thought. There are always Idiots like these trying to mess around. She looked around at the people milling around, not giving a second thought about her situation. Misaka chuckled to herself. Of course they would not get involved. If they did, they would just get hurt. Only a fool would try to interfere, Misaka concluded.

"'Scuze me! Comin' through!" Came a voice. Misaka blinked as she saw a spikey-haired boy push through the crowd and wink at her. "Ah, there you are! Don't wander off like that!" He grabbed her hand and started running away. "Huh? Who are you? And why are you touching me?" Misaka demanded. An awkward silenced followed as he cringed. "Shhhh! You're ruining my strategy! Now play along!" He whisper-shouted. "Hey, who is this idiot?" A member of the gang laughed. "Lets get him!" Another shouted. Misaka sighed. The situation was quickly escalating into something she did not want it to be.

"Are you not ashamed? Picking on a girl like that?" He shouted unexpectadly. Misaka blinked. Was he serious? Was that his intention all along? "I mean just look at her. She is just a kid." Misaka frowned. " She may act old, but she actually has no respect for her elders." With every word he said, Misaka's rage grew. She snapped. "...And you thugs picking on her like that? No wonder she's pissed off!" Misaka growled,"Yes, i'm pissed off.." She gathered her electricity in her hand as she spoke. "Something's up with her." muttered a member of the gang. Misaka scowled. "...AT YOU!!" With a bang, she released the electricity at everyone in her surroundings. The entire gang dropped to the ground, out cold. Only someone remained standing, with his right hand raised.

"What the!? Sparks? Electricity everywhere!" He shouted. Misaka raised her eyebrow. She delivered 10,000 volts at him but he deflected it once again with his right hand. Misaka widened her eyed in alarm. "Who are you? And what kind of power is that?" she asked with indignity. "Uh...I don't know whether it is even a 'power'. The system scan says...Im level 0. " With that he started walking away. "Wait, weirdo? Tell me you're name, at least!" He turned around, his hair glistening in the sunlight. " I'm Kamijou Touma." He said. "I'm Misaka Mikoto!" she said. He smiled and said," Nice meeting you, Misaka-San. "

And with that, he turned and ran away, leaving a slightly embarrased/angry Misaka standing in a pile of electrocuted thugs, unbeknownst to the long-standing relationship that was to come.

Author's Note: Hi guys! This is my debut on wattpad, expanding on Mikoto and Touma's relationship, as the anime and manga did not elaborate on it much. I think they are absolutely adorable! I do not own the characters from To Aru Kagaku No Railgun and To Aru Magistu no Index. If I did, I would be immensely happy.