09

Casey

'Wake up, it's Christmas.' Kenna jumps in the bed. I groan 'what time is it.' I feel joey turn over '7 in the morning.'

I groan 'Kenna go wake up uncle Rowland and aunt Amanda.' She worms her way in between joey and I 'everyone's been up since 6:30, we woke them up.'

'We?' I hear a scratchy deep voice. 'I think she means her and baby jo.' I get up. She leads me into the living room with the half awake people.

Joey comes soon after and we all slowly start to open gifts. Sophia squeals and looks at joey 'he got me a new phone!' Jen hovered over her shoulder 'good.'

I laugh slightly and squeeze a gift of mine from my mom. I open it up and look at a portrait I've never seen before. It was her and I with matching bangs that looked horrible on me. I had a missing tooth in the front and she looked perfect. As always.

I smile warmly 'thanks mom' i look over to Chris and watch him open a tiny box that had car keys in it. My mouth drops and I turn to my dad 'why's he always the one getting cars?!'

Amanda pointed to a box my way and I tore it open 'hehehe' I stand up holding my keys. Chris looks at me 'I got a Subaru..'

I laugh 'I got a sports car biotch' I look at dad 'did you swap the boxes because Chris is having a kid..' he wipes the lenses of his glasses 'I thought it would be you first...'

I frown 'I hardly ever do "that" with him.' I look in joey direction. 'Gross.' Dad places his glasses back onto his face. I watch and joey tears open the box of shoes I got him.

He smiles 'thank youu' I stare over to my mom opening my gift to her which was the ring of hers I had on not too long ago. She looked at me confused allowing me to explain 'I know you didn't get to give it to me properly so..' she smiles widely and pulls out the ring.

'Well when you were 14 I was supposed to say promise me you'll never grow up..I'm a lot too late for that so promise you'll always be my little girl.'

I hold out my ring finger to her 'I promise.' She places the ring on me. I hold up my gift from joey and open the packaging carefully. It was a necklace with his initial on it, but on the back had the exact day we met.

'How do you remember that, creep.' I grin looking over to him. He shrugs 'im just the absolute best, I know.'

______

'why are you acting slow.' I look to joey. He stares 'I accidentally took something last night and now I'm moving slow.'

I raise a eyebrow 'Joseph what did you take?' He scratches the back of his neck..' a xan..' my eyes widen 'Why the hell did you take one of those..' he shrugs 'I thought it was a mint' I shake my head 'my poor baby..'