Chapter 4

"Nice to know that you got my back Char."

"Ride or die." I told him, speeding up a little.

I realized too late where we were and muttered a long list of very creative expletives under my breath. This is going to be a long ass night. While I drove I saw the motorcycles that pulled up next to Dom and motioned something to him, then they pulled up next to me. When the driver realized who was driving he shot smiles at me and told me to follow as well.

We pulled up behind them in the empty parking lot of their family Chinese restaurant. It's been a long time since I've been here, very long time. The best chinese food in all of LA that's for sure, nothing in DC could quite compare. The company wasn't all that bad either. I spent my fair share of time here while I was in high school and let's just say I wasn't only eating the Chinese food but my hunger was quite sated.

I got out of my car just as Dom and Brian did and the guys on the motorcycles stood there watching us.

"Johnny Tran, it's been a while." I told him, walking up to hug him.

"That is has, you're legal now." he said, squeezing his arms around my waist.

"I was legal when I left, that didn't seem to bother you though."

"Barely legal. You look good Charlotte, very good. Doesn't she?" he asked his cousin, shooting me a knowing smile.

"That you do, looking good C."

"You look good yourself, in the snakeskin. Now can we get on with this, I've got a welcome home party to attend." I told them, walking back to my car.

"Right, I thought we had an agreement Toretto. You stay away, I stay away. Everybody stays happy." Johnny said to Dom.

"We got lost Johnny. What do you want me to tell you?" Dom replied.

"Who's "we"?"

"My new mechanic. Brian, meet Johnny Tran. The guy in the snakeskin pants, that's his cousin, Lance. So, when are you gonna give me a shot at that Honda 2000 of yours?" Dom asked him.

"This your ride?" he asked Brian.

"It was, it's his now." Brian replied.

"No it's not, I haven't taken delivery." Dom said.

"Then it's nobody's car. Somebody put in the wrench time. What do you think, Lance?"

"It's an amazing machine." Lance replied, his gun aimed at my cousin.

"Don't you think you can put the weapon down?" I asked.

"Precautions beautiful." Johnny said.

"I call bullshit." I told him.

"You haven't lost any of your attitude, I still like it. Let's go, I'll see you in the desert next month. Be ready to have your ass handed to you." Johnny said to Dom.

"Yeah, you're gonna need more than that crotch rocket." Dom said.

"I got something for you." Johnny told him and it made me think for a second.

I don't like the way he said that, the cockiness about it. There's something more there, he's definitely hiding something. I made my way over to the guys as Johnny and his little posse left on their bikes.

"What the hell was that about?" Brian asked.

"It's a long story." Dom and I said.

"I'll tell you later." Dom said when suddenly the guys came back in.