Chapter 13 : New Phone, Who this?

I sat down on the sofa, tapping my feet. It has been fifteen minutes and what I fear most what going back into the glass dungeon and getting Lia caught. After what she had done for me, she doesn't deserve any of those. I would be at fault.

  Why was I such an idiot to burst it out on her?

  One side of me told me that I had no purpose to feel guilty but the other told me the opposite. My heart was following the latter.

  Raiden and Jean had come in from the entrance and I could feel the tensed atmosphere the moment they stepped in. The door was slammed open and heavy footsteps were marching towards me.

  "I'm going to count to three and you better tell me what you did to Lia because it has been so long since I heard that tone of hers."

  I stood up and turned to him. He had a wooden thick stick in his hands and Jean stood in front of him, holding him back.

  "Raiden. Chill. We can settle this without having to get into a fight."

  "Fine. We'll do it her way," he said, dropping the stick. "Explain."

*Lia's Pov*

  "Hey, Maria! You got the gift?"

  "Of course I did. It's beautiful and I love it."

  "Glad to hear that, Mamacita. Sorry I didn't attend your party and sorry I didn't give it to you personally... I would've but—"

  "I know Lia. I've heard what happened yesterday. Are you okay?"

  "Oh, gee. I'm fine. Don't worry about it. I'll come to work in two days. Any documents, send through e-mail."

  "I'll tell that to Fury. Don't worry."

  I thanked her and we both went off. I bought a new phone after handing the gift to one of the S.H.I.E.L.D staffs. My sim card was in except all the numbers were gone. I'll figure it out. I can never live a week without all my best friends and partners bothering me.

  I looked out at the amazing view as I leaned against my car windshield. I was sitting on the hood. With a cigarette in my mouth, I puffed out the cloudy smoke and blew it out, disappearing into the air. The box on one corner and the lighter on another. Playing music out loud from my car, it was an absolute blast.

  I hummed to the music whilst taking another puff from my second stick. It was a peace that I hardly could find. I looked up in the bright sun with my shades on. It was a beautiful sight. A beautiful moment. To be sitting down on top of my car and watching the sky while smoking on a cigarette. It's like I'm living in a movie.

  In an action or a drama film. Like the movie, "Wayne's World" or "Storage 24". Except for those movies, they are accompanied by people. Whereas I, I am accompanied by my pack of cigarettes, car and music sung by amazing artists. I have it all to myself without anyone bothering me. But it's always these peaceful and quiet moments where someone will come in to interrupt.

  Speak of the devil.

  I heard a loud noise coming from behind and I exactly knew who it was. I chose to ignore and continued to do what I was doing.

"There you are. And I thought you went missing."

  I continued singing as I took another puff from the half-finished cigarette stick.

  "Lia— Hold up. Is that a cigarette I see?! You're smoking? Aurelia Rose Stark, get down and come here."

  Once again, he is back. Not attempting to say sorry or at least comfort me. He came back to lecture and nag back at me. If he thinks that I will be cool after what he had said to me, he has to know that my boiler has broken the scale. Especially when Loki added more heat to it.