First Hunt

Luna's P.O.V.

I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO WALK OUT THE DOOR, but instead I ran very fast. Faster than a human. Carlisle stopped me.

"Yeah, you'll need to learn how to control that." He said. I frowned. We ran vampire speed through the woods. I smelt human blood. My throat burned even more. The smell got closer. Ugh! Put out the fire!

Venom pooled in my mouth. I had to...

"Luna, don't!" He said. I sped off, vampire speed.

I found the mountain the human was on. They got cut..

Red blood ran down their leg. A drop felt on my arm. I stopped climbing and looked at it.

I continued to climb up the cliff easily. My leg was pulled by something, and I fell but landed on my feet.

"Luna." Carlisle said. "I didn't realize there were humans this far off the trail. Come on, I'll help you." He swung me on his back and jumped down the cliff, landed flatly on his feet, and speeding through the woods.

The scent faded, but my throat still burned.

I saw a mountain lion. I looked at Carlisle, asking if I could attack. He nodded, and I pounced.

After knocking the lion to the ground, I shoved my venomous teeth into its skin, sucking it's blood. It tasted so good, and my throat stopped

"Better?" He asked.

I nod, wiping my mouth. Then I remembered the human.

"Sorry." I say, angered with myself.

"It's ok. You'll learn how to control it soon." He replied back with a smile. We sped back home.

"How was it?" Alice squealed. "Um...it was good. I just..." I trail off. "Need more?" She guessed. I nod guiltily.