Chapter 2

Collt sighed as he arrived home from another long, overdramatic, and chaotice day of school. The short boy had a bundle of home work but soon enough it was finished, with the help of a handy dandy older sibling. Collt read the clock on his phone, the time was 8:37 P.M. The track star really didn't want to be at home and felt as a bundle of nerves arrived in his stomach. He just felt like moving. So the boy did what he always did when he felt this anxious. He pulled on a pair if addidas joggers, a loose Nike jumper, long black socks and of course his favorite pair of under armour running shoes.

He headed to the school track, pulling out a pair of apple headphones. The boy selected a radio station on his phone and began to jog, when something caught his eye. A tall boy was huddled on the starting line of the track. The boy seemed to be breathing heavily. On any other day Collt would just leave and not bother with dealing with another person. But he continued to jog around the track closing the distance between him and the other boy.

Then suddenly he stalled he knew this boy...well he's heard of him. The town famous, Josh Davidson, future pro lacrosse player. Collts eyes rolled, not necessarily on purpose per say. He jogged closer only a foot away when he gave a huff and the other boy swirled around to face the noise.

"Josh," Collt muttered in greeting halting to a stop, not even breaking a sweat.

Josh looked at the boy who showed up behind him and raised his eyebrows. He has heard of this boy before, but who hasn't? Collt Woods, the boy who broke the state records without breaking a sweat. Josh has actually secretly looked up to Collt. Yes, Josh is the team captain and star player of the lacrosse team but there's thousands of people he could never compete against, let alone win.

"Oh hello, Collt is it?" Josh says casually, acting as if he's actually chill about talking to the boy who gets scholarship offers every other week.

Collt just gave a silent nod, suddenly shifting awkwardly.

"Soo....what are you doing here? I mean not that you can't be here, because you totally can be here. I mean I know you know you can be here....what I meant to ask was why are you here? Like, this late..." Collt rambled running his fingers through his waves. He let out a slight huff after the muttered rambling. A slight blush crept across his cheeks, "sorry when I'm nervous I ramble...I'm Really awkward. I mean I'm awkward around people that I like...that came out wrong I dont like like you. I mean I barely know you...you're just really good at sports and stuff...and I like sports and stuff," there was a small silence, "sorry, I was rambling again," Collt huffed, closing his eyes for a bit.

Josh chuckled at the rambling boy, "Well I actually just decided to come here and think about things.. Other than lacrosse, running is the closest thing to feeling free. I came here from a party.." Josh sighs, "I made a joke about my friend and he got pissed, so we faught and I just decided to leave. I would much rather be in a isolated area than a very popular place. What about you? What made you come here? Well I mean you are in track, but why do you enjoy running so much?" Josh responds actually quite surprised because of how much he decided to talk, and he wasn't in much of a talking mood. He didn't know why he felt so.. Comfortable around Collt. He hasn't even talked to him before this. So it was quite confusing to him.

"I run because it reminds me of simpler times when it was actually okay to...metaphorically speaking, run away from your problems," Collt huffed, "anyways why'd your friend get so.. pissed?" The boy asked, stalling a bit before saying the curse word. It sounded wrong falling from his mouth.

Josh shrugs, "I honestly couldn't tell you man, his outfit was quite.. Gay? So I asked if he was there to impress boys or girls. And he just got really pissy and snapped at me. I mean I guess it just wasn't something he would wear. If I wore that I would have dildos put in my locker and be called faggot the next day.." Josh looks away from Collt, refusing to meet his eyes. Josh starts to think about things he wouldnt expect to think before.

Collt let in a jagged breath suddenly feeling a bit of anger flush over his features, "Hell I'd be beyond pissed if anyone said anything like that to me...he deserves to be angry at you," Collt scowls, "I'm not sure if it would anger him the same way it would me, but damn, even just hearing you say offensive shit like that pisses me off," The tanned boy huffed sounding deadly.

Josh raised his eyebrows, surprised by the sudden anger from the small boy. He crossed his arms and glares at the boy.

"Why is everyone getting so pissed at me? And why would you care? Its not you're business anyways so I suggest you just back off. It wasn't aimed towards you so I don't understand why you would get so pissed" Josh furrowed his eyebrows in both anger in confussion.

"Well as someone who as been called faggot since middle school I think I have a right to be pissed," Collt growls, crossing his arms.

Josh's glare slightly softened, "Why were you called faggot? I mean people wouldn't call you that without a reason," Josh didn't realise that what he said most definitely came out wrong.

"I'm gay you asshole," Collt snarled. The boy suprisingly looked calm and collected. As he shifted his weight to his left hip.

Josh's eyes suddenly widened and he stood there, staring at the boy left speechless. He didn't really know what to say. Should he apologize or leave? He was really conflicted on what to do.

"Don't just stand there and gawk at me like I'm not from Earth," Collt sassed. "Like really...stop staring," the boy muttered now shifting his gaze as if he was embarrassed.

Josh looked away, embarrassed and he sighed, "Sorry man," Josh turned away from the boy who he already knew too much about and doesn't give him another glance, "have fun running, see you around," Josh starts jogging away to run a few more laps before leaving.

Collt gave a small shrug, he honestly didn't care what others thought about him...but for some odd reason he felt like he needed Josh's approval. Collt gave a huff and began to jog again, he'd spend hours on the track until he jogged home scared of how his family would react to him showing up at home at 10 p.m.

Josh, who arrived home an hour ago layed on his bed to watch Netflix. He knew he wasn't going to sleep for quite a while, so he looked at his phone, wondering what he should do until he got a notification. It was a girl, the girl from the party asking him to come over. He sighed and shut off his phone, ignoring the girls request. She will find another guy, even though Josh is the best.

°°°

Tyler arrived home a little after 12 a.m. with a sour look on his face. He's seen facebook. Tyler always thought he'd be happy if he ever went viral but the reason for his new "fame" was in need of no happiness. On almost all of his friends pages was the picture. It was to the point that Tyler just powered off his phone, it was too loud singing with notifications and messages. The boy waltzed into the kitchen only to find the lights on and his parents surrounding a computer with disgusted faces. He froze in his tracks, eyes meeting his mothers disappointed ones.

"M-mom? Dad? I can explain," Tyler muttered putting his hands up in a surrender position. His eyes already rimmed with tears.

"Out," Tyler's mother muttered.

"W-what?" Tyler question his arms sinking to his side.

"Out! She said out!" His father stormed, walking up to point an accusing finger hard into Tylers chest, "You're no son of mine!" He hollered. Tyler coward in his fathers presence lowering his gaze.

"B-but," Tyler's talking was cut short when an uprubt slap ringed across the other wise silent kitchen. Tyler didn't dare move his hand up to his stinging face, he was used to the pain that took shape in a red hand mark on his cheek. It wasn't his first time doing something his father disliked.

"Out," Tylers father said sternly and this time Tyler did leave. The poor teen wasn't sure what to do or where to go...so he drove to the one place he knew someone would be able to help him. He gave Josh's door a few hard knocks, silent tears falling down his face. He waited patiently until the door swung open and he was met with a confused and barely awake Josh. Only then did Tyler let the deep ugly sobs rip out of his mouth.