Chapter 20: Honeymoon

Y/N's POV

   I woke up the next morning with Thomas asleep next to me, his arms wrapped around my waist. I looked back on the events of yesterday, the night included, and blushed deeply. I tried not to disturb Thomas as I shifted into a more comfortable position.

   He stayed still. I looked at him and smiled.

   He opened his eyes and stared back at me. He smirked. "Morning, stalker."

   I blushed darkly. "Oh, shut up," I mumbled, sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

   Thomas pouted. "I'm not ready to get up yet!"

   "Well, too bad," I mumbled, a slight smirk on my face. "That's what you get for calling me a stalker."

   He whined and sat up as well, running a hand through his floof.

   "Oh! How could I forget?" Thomas said. "Y/N, I have something to tell you!"

   I looked at him, curiosity in my eyes. "Yes?"

   "Pack your bags! We're going to Paris for our honeymoon!" he squealed happily.

   I gasped and covered my mouth, afterwards tackling Thomas in a hug. I kissed him passionately before getting off of him, making him whine in disappointment.

   "Oh, hush," I said, rolling my eyes and chuckling. "There'll be plenty of time for that in Paris." I squeaked slightly as I remembered we were going to Paris.

   Thomas raised his eyebrows, smirking.

   I pushed him away, earning a laugh from him as I got up. "Hey, where's my thank-you?" He pouted.

   I smirked. "That kiss was your thank-you. But thank you."

   I picked out an outfit for myself, as did Thomas. We both then slipped them on.

   I grabbed my hairbrush and brushed my hair, humming to myself.

   I couldn't see Thomas, but I knew he was smiling. "I'm gonna make some breakfast, love."

   I nodded and continued brushing my hair.

   Thomas went downstairs, and I finished doing my hair a bit later. I went downstairs, whistling a tune.

   When I got there, Thomas had set multiple pancakes on each of our breakfast plates. I simply looked at him and said, "How did you know?"

   Thomas smirked. "What? That you love pancakes? Husbands just have to know that stuff."

   I blushed and sat in my chair, beginning to eat my pancakes. Thomas did the same.

***

   Once we were done getting ready, he smirked and grabbed my hand, pulling me out the door to his carriage. I smiled and got in, as did he.

   "So, are we going by boat?" I asked as the carriage began moving.

   He nodded. "Yep! The docks are about 15 minutes away."

   I smiled and grabbed his hand, squeezing it. "Thanks for doing this."

   He smirked, squeezing back. "Anything for Mrs. Jefferson."

   I blushed a dark red.

   A bit later, we had arrived at the docks. I'm gonna skip the boring parts and just say we loaded our luggage that Thomas had brought to the carriage into his boat, then settled down.

***

   The ride took a few days, and when we arrived in Paris, I was sleeping.

   I was dreaming about a mutant flower monster taking over the world when Thomas shook me awake. "Y/N! Y/NNNN! We're here darlin'!"

   My eyes fluttered open. "Hmm?" I asked, a bit groggy.

   Thomas looked at me, his eyes squinted. "I said we're here. Come on! Be more excited!"

   "Here..?" I asked, oblivious as to what was going on. Then a light bulb went off in my head. "Oh! Paris! Yay!" I flew up and got ready for my first day in France.

   Thomas chuckled and watched.

***(So many time skips...)

   Thomas led me to the inn we were staying at, and when we opened our room door, a very special someone was waiting for us.

   That's right! It was...

   "Lafayette?!" I yelled, running up to him and pretty much tackling him in a hug.

   Lafayette chuckled and hugged back. "Hello to you too, mon ami."

   Thomas chuckled from behind me. I looked at him and he had his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. I squinted my eyes. "Did you plan this?"

   Thomas nodded wordlessly.

   I smiled. "Yay!" I turned to Laf again and smiled. "So, how are you?"

   "Great!" Laf said, smiling widely. "The French won the war, and I've found myself a girlfriend!"

   I raised my eyebrows. "Oooh. Who is she?"

   "Her name is Adrienne," Laf mumbled, blushing darkly.

   "AWWW!" I squealed. "I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU!" I embraced him in a rib-cracking hug.

   "M-merci..," Lafayette said, the air pretty much leaving his body.

   Thomas tapped his foot impatiently. "Y/N! Come on, we have things to see!"

   Laf chuckled. "I'll leave you to it." He got up and walked out with a wave.

   Thomas walked up to me and pecked my lips. "You ready?" he asked.

   I nodded. "Yep! Let's go!"

   He smiled and pulled me outside.

   "Where are we going?" I asked.

   "The Eiffel Tower," Thomas answered with a smirk. He continued pulling me.

***

   Then the rest of the honeymoon went by in a blur of happiness. When me and Thomas finally got home, we flopped onto the bed like we did on our wedding day. "Ugh...I'm exhausted..," I mumbled.

   Thomas wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer. "Me too..." He kissed me softly, and I kissed back.

   I was the first to pull apart. "I love you."

   "I love you more."

   I hate how this chapter turned out. You see, I'm kinda losing interest in this book, so there will only be a few more chapters.