Danteh // My Best Friend's Roommate

You hadn't seen your best friend in years, which is why when Matthew told you he was moving for the Overwatch League you immediately jumped at the chance to help. You had moved from Philadelphia to Burbank with your family a few years prior, which meant you were way too far away from your childhood best friend so you were definitely excited to say the least.

By the time you finally arrived at his new apartment you were over twenty minutes late which you knew your best friend would make fun of you for but as this point he expected it. Somehow, you always managed to be late to everything so it usually wasn't a big deal.

Except someone who definitely was not Matthew answered the door and your brain went into full panic mode until your last remaining brain cell recognized Matt's voice from somewhere inside the apartment.

"I'm Y/N, I'm Matthew's friend. I promised him I'd help move in." You explained awkwardly as you tried to figure out who he was. You should've known he would have a roommate but you really didn't think that far ahead.

It was obvious he was a pro player as well, but you didn't know enough about the team to be able to decipher who he was other than the fact that he was cute.

If he wasn't as disheveled as you were, you probably would've wished you put more effort into your appearance. Judging by his hair and the fact that he looked dead, he couldn't have been awake that long — he was in a pair of sweatpants with the familiar logo on the side and a white shirt, but honestly it was cute. He had a careless, casual vibe that was interesting to you.

"Oh yeah, come on in sorry." He mumbled, finally moving out of whatever trance he was in.

He silently cursed his roommate for not warning him that his best friend was hot. He would've at least changed out of the shock sweatpants he had thrown on when he got up. Or he could've at least been prepared rather sounding like an idiot because he's too busy checking you out.

"Y/N! I missed you!" Matthew called out as he emerged from down the hall due to the sound of your voice; you tried to stiffle your laugh as he practically pushed past his still unnamed roommate to pull you in for a hug.

"I missed you too Mat." You chuckled at the bear hug and pulled out of his grasp so you could actually breathe.

"I see you already met Dante. This scrub is my teammate." He said pointing at Dante who had retreated to his phone while the two of you were catching up.

Dante wasn't really sure what to do with himself; for one he had no idea if you were dating Matthew so he didn't want to do something he shouldn't, and he was just utterly unprepared for this whole situation.

"He scared the shit out of me because you didn't tell me you had a roommate and I thought I deadass showed up to the wrong apartment." You admitted making both of them smile sheepishly.

"Sorry I could've helped but I forgot he said someone was coming over because I'm like half awake and couldn't focus." Dante admitted, addressing his terrible greeting.

"Nah he's just dumb." Matthew said nonchalantly to which Dante flipped him off.

"Hey you're the one who didn't think to tell me you had a roommate idiot." You joked, coming to the rescue of the stranger who just nodded and went along with blaming him.

"If you were a good best friend you would have known who was on my team." He countered, but you both knew he didn't mind.

"You haven't even played yet, fight me DeLisi." You muttered and stuck your tongue out at him.

"Whatever, If you had gotten here twenty minutes ago when you were supposed to be here he still would've been asleep so this is your fault." He argued.

"Are you guys always like this because I thought I was supposed to be the immature one." Dante said, watching the two of you in amusement.

When you turned to him with a childish smile and nodded all he could do was grin right back at you.

"So am I just here to bicker with you or did you want help?" You asked, raising an eyebrow at your best friend.

"Wanna help me put together ikea furniture? We have like nothing in this house and Dante has plans." He asked hopefully. He had a point — the only thing in the living room was a couch, a bunch of boxes, and a TV that wasn't hooked up.

"Actually, the guys cancelled on me so I'll help." Dante offered.

Originally he didn't even actually have plans: he just texted Andrej asking if they could do something because he wanted to get out of helping. Now, he knew he'd be stuck explaining to Andrej that he decided he wanted to help after all.

Matthew shot him a look but just shook his head. He wasn't an idiot — he knew what Dante was doing but if it meant the ikea furniture would get done and he could weasel his way out of helping, he was willing to take advantage of it. The two of you had been checking each other out since you go there so he figured he'd be doing you a favor.

He fumbled for his phone and feigned an apology to the two before disappearing down the hallway with his phone pressed to his ear.

"I love it when he leaves me with strangers." You grumbled and shot an awkward smile to the boy in front of you.

He chuckled and raised an eyebrow at you, "What is that a habit of his?"

"Pretty much. How much you want to bet he's going to make an excuse to get out of helping us?" You asked, talking a second to not so casually check him out yet again.

Before Dante could respond, Matthew emerged from the hallway.

"Andrej has an emergency, I gotta go. I'm so sorry to abandon you guys. Y/N I know you had to drive all the way out here so do you mind helping Dante?" He asked and you gave Dante a knowing look. Both of you knew he was just trying to get out of helping, but you didn't mind the idea of getting to know Dante.

"It's fine I'll just lend Dante a hand." You responded with a shrug. He mumbled something about you being amazing and left.

"I told you he'd leave." You muttered to which he chuckled.

"I don't mind. We'll put together at least the bookshelf and hook up the TV then we can go get food if you want." He offered.

"I'd like that." You responded with a soft smile.