3

"A new body?" Dio repeated, a bit surprised by the sudden offer. "Aya... Honestly, I'm rather adamant--"

She cut him off immediately, "you can think about it; I was just offering and there is no reason for you to say yes. Just... know that my offer stands, alright?"

He nodded slowly, both flattered and disturbed by her suggestion. He knew that she would ultimately sacrifice someone for his sake-- if she intended to build a new body (and one that could remain intact through the years...), the reluctance in his stance was obvious, but he would not succomb to temptation.

His voice was slightly shaky when he spoke; "Why is it that, you wish to give me a new body?"

Aya snorted as she scrubbed harder on the floor, "Why is it that you ask so many questions? Can't you accept a gift?"

"A gift? Really?"

She shrugged, "you did save me back then, I cannot ignore your kindness and blessing."

"Ah."

"Think of it as payback." She smiled amicably, "for all you've done."

Dio heard the softness in her voice and smiled back. There was still a bit of the old Aya left in her; the Aya he had known back then.. sweet and caring.

Perhaps there was still hope left after all.

XxX

The next day was uneventful. Maria still didn't return from her 3 day trip and Aya barely got any patients. Not any with fatal diseases anyway.

Aya was no monster, she wouldn't kill off those with a chance of survival, that, Dio noticed.

It was a good thing, he decided. It meant she still had some good in her. All that had been left was to bring it out, however hard it could be.

And so while making use of the peace and quiet; Dio decided to walk around outside for the pleasure of it. Aya had voiced her displeasure at the thought of him seeing Maria again, and so there was nothing more favorable but to get familiar with his surroundings.. for the time being.

It was well over seven in the evening. The sky was of a dark blue that reflected on most of the garden, a shade Dio learned to loathe after so many years.

He thought about many things, but what he thought the most about was Aya. He hadn't done much for her and he found it to be frustrating. True, his presence was short and he had just returned, but his patience was running out... due to many years of suffering, he believed.

There was also the issue of his stay at Aya's clinic. His sole purpose was to make her somewhat 'sane' again, stop her evil-doings and have her revert back. He could clearly see her father's reflection through her eyes; and it disturbed him greatly.

Dio sighed and sat on a bench, his eyes never leaving the clinic. Aya had been working hard, but it wouldn't be rare for her to go out and breathe some fresh air.

He thought that maybe she would join him, sit down on the empty spot next to his and start one of her interesting conversations. Maybe throw sarcastic remarks here and there, that could be fun too... anyway, he truly needed company.

Dio stayed there for a good ten minutes until a slender silhouette walking towards the clinic caught his eye. Upon further inspection; he could see that it was a young man, about the same age as Aya.

The blonde squinted his eyes and stood up, thinking that perhaps it was one of Aya's special patients; those who had deadly diseases and were too poor to pay for an actual doctor. If that was the case, then the man was in danger... dio had to do something and quick.

He began walking towards the clinic when the man knocked on her door. Aya took no time at all to answer, and opened up the door fully for him.

Dio halted when she smiled widely and kissed the man on the lips with passion. He stared in mild shock at his response, at the way he held her and kissed back; looking hungry and very much in love. His arms were holding her too tightly for his taste, and his hands were getting dangerously close to her most private parts.

She did not appear to mind, however, when he licked her lips and whispered sweet nothings next to her ear. In fact; Aya seemed to enjoy his rather rough advances, and welcomed them with teasings of her own.

Dio could tell that the handsome stranger was a man that had been courting Aya for a while. If not, then why would they be so intimate with eachother? It could be the one and only answer.

He could do nothing but stare as Aya silently urged her lover inside; closing the door tightly behind her in the process.

The blonde looked at his wounded body for a second before claiming back his seat on the bench.

He figured he might stay there for a bit longer...