25

After eating breakfast, we went back to the apartment. The two of us were burned out after what happened yesterday, so it was refreshing to finally relax again. We both crashed on his bed and took a nap. 

We woke up sometime during the day, and judging by how bright the sun was, it was probably sometime in the afternoon. Matt was already up and my legs were tangled in the now cold sheets. He was cooking something on the stove, standing shirtless and his hair damp. 

I yawned and he smiled as I walked into the room. 

"Oh yeah, I have to pick something up tonight," he says, flipping a fried egg with a spatula.

"Oh?" I yawned again, reaching over to a nearby chair and grabbing Matt's black hoodie, throwing it on.

"Yup. The armor's finally done, so you don't have to worry about me anymore," he spoke, with an air of pride in his voice.

I rolled my eyes, "well, be safe." 

"You know I always do," he smirked back at me. I rolled my eyes again and sat down at the small dining table. 

Matt came over in less than a minute and slid a plate of eggs, sausages, and hash browns toward me. He sat down in the other chair, grunting slightly as he started eating his similar-looking plate of food. 

I guess I've been doing a little bit of thinking lately, about Matt and I. We still hadn't known each other for a long time, but we had a bond strengthened by dangerous situations, coincidental occurrences, and some natural tendencies. In the little time I had known him, I'd been in more life or death situations than the rest of my life. In the little time I had known him, I felt as though I knew, and would know more about him than almost anyone he knew in his life. He's sarcastic but surprisingly guarded. 

I put my fork down. Matt had annihilated most of his food. 

"Matt, how do you feel about me?" I asked, my voice cutting across the silence that used to exist.

"Well, Skye, we haven't known each other for a long time, but I think you're a beautiful person and I'd love to get to know you more. You're strong and driven, I think we have that in common," he says after pausing to think.

I nod, knowing somehow that he knew that I nodded.

"How about me?" he asks, his classic smile lighting up his face.

I rolled my eyes again, "well, Matthew Murdock, I think that you're super adorable, really muscular, and run a law firm with your best friend."

"Haha. Get to the good stuff already."

"You're a good person, a kind soul. But you're also kind of a tortured soul; your life has never been easy so you've never really relaxed. I'm glad we met each other," I said truthfully. 

He smiled sheepishly to himself, "so, we're dating?"

"Sure."

-

We spent the rest of the day laying around the house, wasting time. After breakfast, we switched on the television and flicked through the various channels, trying to find something good to watch. Then we got Chinese takeout for lunch, and watched more random television. It was nice to have a chill day after almost getting gunned down the day before. I guess not a lot of people can say that they were almost gunned down more than once in a lifetime. 

I was sort of hoping that Matt wouldn't go on his vigilante adventures at night, but I also wasn't surprised when he did. I made some chicken and rice for dinner, and saw him putting on his flimsy black mask and long sleeve about a half hour after we ate. 

He knew that I wasn't going to stop him. I kind of brooded to myself while I stole one of his collared shirts to wear to bed. When I walked out of the bedroom, he was standing, poised next to the open window and looking very serious. 

I walked over to him and dropped my hand down to his. He was wearing gloves, but his body warmth emanated through them. I laid my head on the side of his arm and sighed a little. 

"Nothing major tonight, just getting the armor and I'll be back," he said reassuringly. 

"Sounds good," I croaked weakly, "still be careful."

"Always."

-

Author's Note: Yeah so I finally decided to update... I haven't seen season 3 of Daredevil since I cancelled Netflix, but I'm really excited to start writing again! I hope you guys are excited for the rest of this story, too.