3

"Where are we going daddy?" Quinn asked as I packed her stuff in a small suitcase.

"We're going to mt.Hakobe."

"Why?" She questions on. Sighing I stopped packing and sat on her bed putting her on my lap.

"Honey we're going to go train. I'm going to teach you how to do magic like me. I'm also going to help you control your own magic" I said to my 5-year-old daughter. Realizing she might not understand what I'm really saying I sighed again. I didn't bother telling her again and she just nodded at what I was saying.

"You ready baby girl?" I asked after I was done packing for both of us. She nodded and picked up her stuffed fox. I got our bags out the door with Quinn in front of me.

"Daddy." Her small voice asked as we were walking to the station.

"Yes, baby girl?"

"Are we still in the Guild?" My eyes widened. It surprised me that my little girl was asking that.

"Of course we are. And when we get back you can be a member too. You'll be strong enough to join them." I said with a smile and saw Quinn's eyes light up.

"I'm so excited daddy. It's gonna be fun."

After the 4-hour train ride, I carried a sleeping Quinn to the secret cabin close to the top of Mt. Hakobe that Ur told me about long ago. When we got there I opened the door and set Quinn in the only bed there. As she slept I cleaned the small cabin and found some food close by. I woke up Quinn after dinner was made. We ate together then went back down to the closest town to get more food that would last us a month.

~~

We spent a week learning the area around us and playing in the snow. I couldn't just make Quinn train all the time and have no fun. So I told her that we would play around for a week then get into training.

Now it's Monday and her first day of training.

"Good morning baby girl. Are you ready for your first day of training?" She shot out of bed once I finished talking.

"Really? Do I get to train today? I'm gonna learn daddy's magic?" She smiled and I just let out a small laugh.

"Yea but first we gotta get you used to the cold."

"Okay," She giggled. We walked outside. I was just in underwear and she had a tank top and shorts. I was going to make sure she stayed far away from my stripping habit.

We started off just how Ur started teaching me. We went for a  walk/run around the mountain, then we started to practice her form.

She did very well with the run but really struggled with the form so I let her go rest and we went to eat dinner. After dinner, she wanted to try the forms again.

"Daddy where did you learn how to do that?" She asked in awe when I was giving her examples. I smiled sadly 

"My old master Ur taught me everything I know."

"Can I meet her daddy?" My smile faded and I sat in the snow next to her.

"Baby, Ur died a long time ago. When daddy was just a boy she saved me."

"Oh. Well, I'm glad she did save you. Cause now I have you." I laughed and she showed me what she learned.

~~~~~~~~

It's been a year and Quinn is 6. It's her birthday today and I'm going to take her into town for a special dinner.  But when we were at the base of the mountain I saw the town on fire. I picked Quinn up and ran back to our house.