Chapter Twelve: Ex's and Oh's-Literally

I called Irene a thousand times throughout the whole day trying to reach her. I need to ask her about Dane. I need to understand.

I texted her multiple times that I got no response back.

I was sitting trying to explain to my mother that what happened is normal and that it happens.
But well, she's freaking out which is totally understandable I mean... you'd freak out if your daughter was an amnesiac who saw weird images or dreams with her eyes wide opened.

When she finally gave up I got up and went to my room to lay down. I needed to rest from all these thoughts I'm having.

What I had in mind was that Xander didn't do anything to hurt me. Even in the image, it looked like he was trying to protect me from this guy Dane. The guy who I have no clue who he is... No idea what so ever how he ruined my life... I'm frail, confused and clueless at this point.

A vibration cut my trail of thoughts with Irene's name on my screen

Irene:
Chanel what the fuck is going on??

Me:
Where the hell have you been???

Irene:
Busy. What's wrong?

Me:
Do you know a guy called Dane?

Irene:
Dude...
Really?? Of course I do

Me:
WHO IS HE???

Irene:
Dane is your ex-boyfriend hun

I stared at the phone for i don't know how long... i didnt bother to answer. I just locked my phone and rested back on the bed hoping i would fall asleep before crumbling and falling apart.
___________________________________________

I rang the doorbell and waited for someone to answer the door.

Someone cleared his throat causing me to turn around "Channy? What are you doing here?" Xander said

"I came to see you..."

"What happened?" He asked concerned

"You know Dane... You fought with him... Why didn't you tell me?"

"Can we sit down... I'll tell you everything..."

We walked into his house. It was tidy, arranged and everything were how they were supposed to be... Doesn't look like a man's house.

"Make yourself comfortable. I'm gonna bring you something to drink" he said and walked away

The deeper I walk into his house the more I see how arranged he is... Everything is where it has to be. No tilted frames. Everything is opened not even half-opened. White floors matched with beige and brown furniture. The entire house is clean, no sign of dust anywhere. The carpets are perpendicular to the couches and chairs. The Tv and speakers are symmetrical and located exactly in the middle of the table. Even the movies are categorised. Horror, Musical, Action, etc...

As pleasant as it looks, it was a bit scary...

"Welcome," he said walking in with a tray and putting it in the middle of the table "Please, Take a seat."

"Thank you" I sat on the couch "Nice house"

"I'm glad you think that" he smiled

"So.."

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you when you asked me. I just don't like talking about this"

"Why?"

"Dane was your boyfriend. You two started dating way before you knew me. He didn't really like my existence in your life."

"Why did you say he ruined my life?"

"You were never happy with him. You always came for me to help. He cheated on you multiple times and he hurt you."

"How did him and I break up?" I asked

"Your last fight together." He breathed in "He umm... beat you up. You couldn't take it anymore... so you let him go"

"You think he was the one from my first vision?"

"What vision?"

"The one at the bar. When I saw someone grabbing me and yelling"

"I guess... Maybe"

We spent the morning with Xander because he insisted on making me breakfast and all. He is a pretty good cook, to be honest.

"I gotta head back home. I need to rest before the therapy session today" I said standing up

"I'll show you to the door then" he smiled and walked in the direction of the door

"Thank you so much for all of this. It's so sweet- oh" I kicked something with my feet as I was walking.

I bent down to carry it from the ground. A ring

"You dropped this" I smiled at him "Surprisingly"

"I'm so sorry for that," he said as he extended his hand to take it from me

I looked at it a little before I gave it to him "It looks so familiar though. Where have I seen this before?"

"Probably seen me wearing it" he chuckled and took it from me

"Probably" i shrugged smiling as he opened the door for me letting me out. I gave him a goodbye hug and walked out
________________________________________

"So you saw an image of Dane and Xander fighting? And it turned out to be true?" The therapist asked

"Yeah... Xander confirmed it..." I sighed

"Your memories are pulling through which is great. It's not always bright though..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean you can never know what is true and what your mind is making up...and Of course there's the fact that your brain can reverse memories and roles." He said

"What does that mean?"

"I mean your brain can switch the memories or thoughts. It can put Dane in place of Xander and Xander in place of Dane."

"Oh..." I sighed "This is so confusing"

"The brain is confusing, Chanel" he smiled

"I can see that..."

"Try to remember anything special in the memory... The place... anything important"

"It was like a restaurant... or more of a diner" I closed my eyes trying to remember the scene

"Breathe in and out slowly. Relax." He said in a soothing sound

"Aqua couches, Black tables, white ball light, red walls.."

"Fire and Ice," he said, "It's the only diner with aqua couches and red walls.."

"Do you think if I went to ask anyone there they'd help?"

"Why not..? But you must know exactly what you're asking."

"I'm gonna ask about a fight that happened... Tables and objects shattered. They're probably gonna remember this"
____________________________________________

"Yes, two boys fought here but it wasn't my shift. I'll find you someone who knows anything about it though. Give me a minute." The waiter said walking away

I sat there for a while looking around the place. It was perfectly it. The walls, the couches, the tables even the floor. I was sure it was the one in my awake dream.

"Hello," a girl said on my side so I turned to look "Oh my god, Chan. How are you?"

"Mia?" I stared at her