Friends

It was 2 in the morning. Thunder was clapping and rain was pouring. I heard a knock at the door and was curious as to who it was. So I went downstairs and looked out the window and saw Charlie soaking wet. I rolled my eyes and opened the door.

"What do you want Charlie?", I say tiredly. "I couldn't sleep, cause I couldn't stop thinking about you so I came to see you. I didn't know you were asleep", he said. "Do you have any shame? You're so insane turning up at my door this late", I said.

Charlie looked down. "But I love you", he mumbled. "You're so crazy, Charlie. I told you, you're not my lover. You're more like my brother. Like we've known each other since we were like 10", I explained. He gave me that look in his eye. "You're just so distant from me now. It's not like how we used to be", he said.

"Then don't go around talking shit about me. Cause it's only gonna push me away. We're constantly always fighting about this. If you can't be reasoned with, then I'm done being polite to you, cause I've told you thousands of times", I said starting to get frustrated.

"We're just friends, Charlie. How much more obvious and clear can I make that? Like do you need me to spell it out for you? F-R-I-E-N-D-S. That's how you fucking spell it. Get that shit inside you're head. Cause we're just friends", I finally snapped, slamming the door in his face and returning back to bed.

I looked out my window and saw Charlie looking down and walking back home in the rain.

A/N Inspiration from Anne-Marie and Marshmello's  song, FRIENDS.