Chapter 5-Kidnapped

Unknown pov

I hold the helmet in my hands. Oh how beautiful it is to look at. I knew that it would be useless. But there was still one use left in it. For I knew it held a fragment of the Overlords life force. A fragment that I could finally harvest and devour to use in my mission. We may have had our differences but ultimately, I was always the superior of us. My dark energy powers would prove to allow me to extract what was left of the Overlord in this relic of an age long past. But I would need one more item to do so. And that item was a person. But that person was to house the living conscious of the Overlord for my true plans are yet to be revealed. "General Grid, bring me the soon to be lord of fire for I have a use for him." I watch as Grid leaves before turning back to the table before me.

Lloyd pov

I was walking with Cole along the halls of the fortress of elements. There were some places that we were restricted to go to and those places had been marked with guards at the doors. Notably, the bedroom of Kai and Skylor, the war room and the hall of elements. Everywhere else was open to us. Soon we pass by Jay and Nya were seemed to have a smile on there face as they walked past. As we came to a stop by our respective rooms. I turned and walked in before closing the door, to find the guy who stole the helmet that controlled the stone warriors standing there. I stand ready to fight but he speaks. "I did not come to fight you Lloyd Garmadon. But rather to offer an alliance." I could tell that he was bluffing. I walk over to my katana and speak. "Your bluffing, you'd never offer an alliance with me, or the others. Otherwise you wouldn't have stolen the helmet." He chuckled before he turned with a smirk. "Oh Lloyd, if only you knew the limit of what was happening, your playing with powers beyond your comprehension. Sooner or later, your going to understand why I've been ordered to do what I'm about to do." I pick up my Katana and charge forward. The person moving to the side before he grabs me and throws me through my door. Smashing it down.

Grid pov

I look down as I step out the door and look around. Lloyd getting back up. His katana in hand. The sound had no doubt alerted the others to my presence thus I must make this quick. "No need for you to fight, your not the reason I'm here Lloyd." I watch as he thinks over and then looks at me before several guards come running towards me. I turn as one of them yells out. "Stop right there" I smirk before I charge forward. Reading my cybernetically enhance fist to strike. Come down, I slide under one of the guards before I strike him in the face from below. I then leap into the air, landing upon two more guards as the ninja run out to see what's going on. Soon. I was running down the main hall when I spy my target. Kai had just walked out with Skylor. And they seemed ready to fight. I come to a stop as guard and the ninja block off every exit. I chuckle as my eyes rest upon Kai. "My target has come out, this will be easy. Tell your guards to back off and the ninja master of fire. We have business to attend to." I watch as Kai puts a hand up for several guards to move forward. "I know that you stole the helmet belonging to Overlord, I know that your not here to talk, so you've got a lot of nerve showing up at our fortress." He said our referring to Skylor. How weak. I step forward. ensuring my teleportation gate is ready to activate as soon as I grab him. "Stand down" I ignore his order and charge forward. Sliding under one of the guards before I leap towards Kai. He backs up and readies his katana but it's too late. I land, grab hold of him and teleport away. Leaving the fortress behind. As we appear in a now dark place with red lights so dim that it would be almost impossible for even those who have the best eye sight to see in. My cybernetic eye allowing me to see perfectly in the dark. Kai seemed to be surprised but he soon got over his shock when my master spoke. "Welcome master of fire, to my prison like domain"

Kai pov

I turn around as the lights start to get brighter. The figure who spoke was tall, dark, clad in black armour. He had claws, his face was hidden by a hood with two red eyes glowing and an evil grin. He wore dark robes. On the table behind him was the helmet of overlord and a map of Ninjago along with an ancient blade. "It's so good to finally have you in my prison like domain that I almost forgot what it was like to see another living soul. Least one with such fire in them." He continued to hiss as he walked around me, studying me. "So much potential in you for things far greater then what has been foretold. You'd make an excellent warlord with that fire and leadership." Soon, he stopped before he hissed into my ear. "A shame it was wasted by that sensei of yours.... Wu." He then walked to his table and picked up a piece of paper before he continued to hiss. "But Wu wasn't the only one who knew your father Kai. I remember a time when we ventured this land together as one. That was, until your father expelled me when he settled down with Mara and had you and your sister. I long sought vengeance but Wu halted my plans. But now, with your father dead, I might finally be able to return to Ninjago, as my curse has been broken, I am able to leave this dreaded prison of darkness. " He walks over again and then looks into my eyes before he snarls and finishes. "But you have another use. A use that will become clear very soon my dear child. Much sooner then you think."

Skylor pov

Gone, just like that, that ninja samurai just vanished with Kai, my future husband. As we looked over the place, Zane and Pixel attempted to get a reading as to where they had gone. Lloyd and Nya were by my side, Jay and Cole had gone out. Soon, Sensei Wu walked over and I spoke. "Who was that that kidnapped Kai, my beloved Kai?" The others knew I loved him but they still didn't know what the party was, but I feared that may not be a secret much longer. "That, was Grid, the first general of Dark Ray's army." I look up, Kai's father was called Ray, so is this the same Ray or a different Ray. "Is this Ray the same Ray that was father to Kai?" When Wu looks at me, Nya looks at me as well before he speaks. "In one way, yes, but in the other, no. Dark Ray and Ray were once the same being. Traveling the land alongside me. When Ray decided to settle down, his dark side was expelled. Seeking vengeance. Dark Ray gathered many powerful items and artefacts. It was close to the village that I intercepted and banished Dark Ray to his prison domain of darkness. But, with Ray's passing, the curse he was placed under has been broken, and why his powers slowly seep into our plain. He is the Dark lord that the prophecy foretold about, it was why Kai was to be one of the elemental lords alongside you Skylor. But I fear that whatever Dark Ray has captured Kai for isn't good, for he has forgone the prophecy. Something which I never thought was possible. His powers have grown and must be why he is able to forgo the prophecy. Which is why we must be ready. for anything, and why you Skylor, must be crowned fast if we are to be ready." I nodded before I got up and looked at Nya and Lloyd. "Crowned, what does sensei mean Skylor?" I take a deep breath before I speak. "I didn't want to say this yet, both me and Kai wanted this to be a surprise till the day came, but the real reason why we invited you hear wasn't for a catch up and to show you the revamped island. It was because me and Kai are getting married." Nya was fast to react. "You and Kai are getting Married!" I look at sensei before Nya looks at me and then speaks. "Well soon to be sister in law, well done, I never imagined he would become a husband." I chuckled before I replied. "Like he was expecting the same of you. He probable thinks you'd never become a wife" Soon, Nya and I burst out laughing while Lloyd stood there next to Zane, Pixel, Jay and Cole confused. But I could still only imagine what Dark Ray was planning for Kai....