twenty-eight

ZAYN'S POV

How can I be so stupid? How can I not think about that voice screaming 'help' in my head? How can I just assume that it was nothing? How can I? What was I thinking?

Clearly, I wasn't thinking because I wasn't sober enough to think. If I didn't agree to drink with Niall and the lads, I would've known that Hope was yelling for help. I would've helped Macit and her escape from the hands of the enemy, but I couldn't. I wasn't there for her. I let her down. Now, I don't know where she is, what she's doing, or what happened to her. I don't know when I'll see her again, but I'm determined on finding her and Macit. I have to help Daniel find his siblings. I have to help them. I owe them this. My initial plan was to save them and keep them safe, but I guess that didn't work out so well. Why? I wasn't able to keep them safe, and now they're kidnapped.

We were currently sitting inside the house, after Liam said that this was a serious matter and should be discussed inside. Daniel was shaking, but in his eyes, there was worry and concern held his face expression. I felt really bad for him. He must be so heart broken. He was connected back with his sister and brother after so many months, and then they end up being taken away from him. Why do bad things happen to good people? Why? They don't deserve it. None of it.

I guess it's life. You take it and put up with it no matter how many challenges you have to face. No matter what comes in your way, you need to be able to overcome it.

That's what I was taugh ever since I was younger. I was also taught to follow my dreams, not realizing that the dreams that I had in mind didn't apply. My parents wanted me to be something I didn't want. My father works as an accountant, and wants me to do the same so that I get to work in the family business. However, I don't want to be an accountant, simply because it's not of my interest. I love art and creating things on paper, canvas, anything really. I like painting my thoughts, not working with numbers. I was taught to follow me dreams, how ironic. I was taught to follow my parents' dreams. That was mainly the reason why I moved into my own house and away from my parents. They were trying to lean me towards something I didn't like, and no matter how many times I said no, they didn't give up. They kept trying after so many failed attempts. When I graduated, I made sure that I had enough money saved so that I could move out and live on my own. Hope, on the other hand, was taught differently. She was taught to chase her dreams and never give up trying. Her parents wanted her to grow up and do her own thing. They weren't like my parents. Her parents, although strict and overprotective, still wanted her to do what she wanted. My parents were flexible, but wanted me to be someone they wanted me to be.

I keep thinking that I don't realize when Harry asks me a question twice. "Zayn, Zayn to Earth."

I snap out of my thoughts. "Oh, sorry. What were you saying?"

He sighs. "Don't worry. I asked you if you would like some water?"

"Yeah, that'd be nice." I thank him when he comes back with a glass full with water.

Daniel speaks up. "Listen guys, we have to do something. Though, I don't really think you should be involved because it's kind of dangerous."

"What are you talking about? We're going to help you no matter how dangerous this may be. After all, we are friends," Niall tells him.

"But this is serious guys, like one of you could actually and legitametly die. I don't want any of you to die. If any one has to die, let it be my siblings and I. We're the ones who need to solve this problem, not you guys."

"Daniel, would you shut up? No, we're not scared if you're wondering, so we're going to help," Louis says.

"So you don't mind using guns and stuff?" Daniel asks.