viii. epilogue

Cristiano and Lionel were walking around the amusement park, where Lionel had insisted to go to. He said it'll be fun, and that Cristiano needed to get out of his home already. He's been locked in for the past two months.

It was all getting better. Cristiano was cured, occasionally coughing out a small petal or just a leaf, but it didn't hurt nearly as much. It was funny when they had told Junior what has happened.

"Leo likes pai?! Pai, you have to like Leo back!"

It was his childish behaviour and the lack of understanding things, but Lionel had taken his time to explain things to Junior. Cristiano's heart swelled when he looked at the two people he loved the most in the entire world, talking animatedly with each other and understanding each other so utterly and completely.

So, Cristiano and Lionel were walking in the amusement park, Lionel was munching on some caramel almonds and peanuts, and Cristiano had his hands in his pockets. They were both still shy of public affection and how the media would explode.

"Oh look, a fortune teller!"

Cristiano laughed and let himself be dragged over the tent by an overjoyed Lionel.

"I'm so curious at what she has to say, aren't you?"

Cristiano nodded and let go of Lionel's hand once inside.

"Hello?"

It was Lionel who called out, and got an almost immediate response. An old lady, she seemed blind, was sitting in the middle of a big tent, a table in front of her with various accessories, bracelets and charms, some crosses and even bones. Cristiano shivered.

"Two young men. You!"

That startled them both as the woman pointed her wrinkled hand at Cristiano. His heart rate picked up.

"I sense strong energy... pay me, I will read you."

Then she turned her head towards Lionel, but she couldn't see; she was definitely blind.

"You are interesting. You too. Both for price of one."

They gulped and blinked, but sat down on the floor. Cristiano took a wad of cash and put it on her table; a hundred.

"You like to give, boy?"

The woman shook her head and pointed to a box which only said fifty. Both of them blinked in surprise. Cristiano took a bill of fifty and replaced it with the hundred one.

After a content hum, she turned her attention towards Cristiano.

"Scared. Of what? Of losing. You are scared of losing. I sense pain. Your chest... vibrating. Your lungs are full. Hanahaki. You passed it."

Cristiano's breath hitched as he gripped Lionel's hand in his.

"I am no evil, my boy. The name of your faith is yours. Cristiano."

Silence permeated the room.

"Seven. I see seven. Flowers. Envy, wrath, greed... They represent the seven sins. Your shirt... seven. You committed the seven sins. Those who commit the seven deadly sins shall burn in hell for what they have done. But you are... safe. Saved."

The two of them couldn't believe what they were hearing. Cristiano's face scrunched up in confusion.

"I see... an animal. Tiger. No, a lion. You."

The woman turned towards Lionel.

"Lionel."

The woman was studying Lionel's feautures with blind eyes, and a relieved smile crossed her face.

"You are safe, Cristiano, my boy. Pain and suffering are gone. The lion will teach you. You are protected, Cristiano."

Their hands were entwined; Lionel's thumb was brushing across Cristiano's knuckles.

"Your love is strong. Lion, teach him. For you shall not burn in hell if your heart is pure."