Chapter 3

A/N: Hi guys, I'm finally back. Thank you so much for waiting so patiently for this update, you guys are the best. I'm going to start updating regularly as much as possible, okay? Love you guys, and I hope you all love the update :)

So finally, they had to go back to school. Tomorrow it was. The day Sameer and Naina had been dreading and dreading. "Come on Naina, time to go to bed!" Preeti sang joyfully, "Aren't you super excited? Finally you guys are back to school!" Her smile faded as she noticed her sister's miserable expression. "Naina! What's wrong with you? Since you've come back from Mount Abu, you've hardly been speaking to anyone, you just sit there with that sad expression on your face! I know something's wrong, just tell me for God's sake!"

There was something so stubborn, but at the same time so caring about Preeti's tone, that Naina just had to tell her what had happened. She ran and hugged her sister, and broke down, telling her all about the bet and her broken heart. "No..." was all Preeti managed to stutter when Naina was done. "He- how- Naina!" She was on the verge of crying herself as she embraced her heartbroken cousin. "Naina, Naina... it'll all be fine, okay? Be brave, Naina, okay? You will forget him, you will move on, get it?"

Naina was only able to sleep because of her sister's constant and very comforting consolations. She survived the night snuggled into Preeti's arms.

______

"Sameer, you can do it. Naina is a very nice girl, okay? I know she'll forgive you, plus you're so charming. Who can resist you?" Munna said. Sameer was firm when he replied, "No, Munna. This is not about charm, alright? I feel so disgusted. I broke her heart, and you know what? That's the worst thing anyone can ever do. How do I say sorry to her? And why should I expect her to forgive me?"

He walked away with tears in his eyes, and Munna looked at Pandit sadly.

The bell had already rung for class, but Sameer didn't have the courage to go there and sit just a few feet away from his angel-friend. What was he supposed to do? He looked around helplessly, and his gaze fell on a flower shop right outside the school. It wasn't allowed to go out during school hours, but right now, he didn't care.

He raced out and bought a gorgeous bouquet of bright-colored flowers: pink, yellow, red. Taking out a piece of paper and a pen, he wrote, 'I'm really sorry. Please be my best friend again, Miss Naina Agarwal. From Sameer." It was simple, but it would do for now. He knew she wouldn't forgive him so easily, but he would do everything he could to get her back.

It was Shanti teacher's lesson. He knew she was nice, she wouldn't scold him. Ruffling his hair, he ran towards class, and said in a loud voice, "Teacher, can I come in? I'm so sorry for being late." Everyone looked up, and so did Naina. But as soon as their gazes met, she looked down, biting her lip. "Oh, Sameer, come in. So many flowers! Who are they for?" Smiling at Shanti teacher, he boldly said, "Teacher, they are for Naina."

The whole class gasped. In those days, it wasn't so well for a high-school boy to give his female classmate a bouquet. And that too, telling a teacher! But the girls' gasps were more out of jealousy. Why would this hero give common Naina Agarwal a bouquet?

To be frank, even Sameer didn't know what had made him say it out loud. But, suddenly, he realized that it would make things even better if he made the girl feel special in the midst of so many people. "Why, Sameer?" the teacher asked, pulling him out of his trance. He was lucky that Shanti Ma'am was so broad-minded, and he decided to be honest.

His gaze stood fixed on Naina, who was staring back at him this time, so shocked that he had said her name in front of the whole class. Swati was stunned too. He took a deep breath, and answered, "Ma'am, we boys were always friends. But through the Mount Abu trip, we got to make friends with all the girls in our class too! And in this, I grew very close to Naina, because she's an amazing girl. But, as we became best friends, I made a dreadful mistake, and unfortunately, we fought. These flowers are for the most amazing friend I've ever had in my life."

Progressing towards her, he continued, "Naina, this us for you. Thank you for being the best, and sorry for what I did. I hope you'll forgive me."

"Sameer, that's so sweet of you!" Shanti teacher exclaimed, and the whole class began a cheer of, "NAINA, ACCEPT IT. NAINA, ACCEPT IT," with Munna and Pandit leading the chorus. Catching Swati's eyes, Munna blushed, and she half-smiled before she looked back at her best friend.

Meanwhile, Naina's eyes were moist with tears. No, she couldn't forgive Sameer. How could she trust him? How could she trust anyone, when she didn't have the ability to trust left in her? But, as the class began singing like mad people, she had no choice. Her hand trembling visibly, she somehow gripped the bouquet of beautiful flowers.

Sameer smiled happily as she accepted the bouquet, although he knew it was only because of the class cheering this crazily. But as her shaky hand brushed his, he felt a wave of electricity pass through his entire body. And with it, he also felt suddenly optimistic.

This was just the first stage. And it was already working out. No matter how long it took, he would pacify his friend. His eyes caught Swati's suddenly. She almost smiled, and gave him a small nod, that conveyed everything without a single word. She was with him too. He gratefully smiled, and looked back at Naina. For the first time ever, he suddenly got completely absorbed in those beautiful big, brown orbs.

A/N: So this one's an 'ASHI BIRTHDAY SPECIAL'. Let's wish beautiful Ashi Singh a very happy belated birthday. I hope you guys enjoyed the update. Click that STAR button below, only for Ashi today!

P.S. Did you guys see her celebration video? Randeep crazily smearing cake all over her face, and holding her so tight, oh gosh, I'm dead. If you haven't seen it, go check out on YOUTUBE. It's uploaded by TellyBytes. Chalo then, see you guys soon with the next chapter!