Playlist 🌠

1. Rewrite the Stars by Zac Efron & Zendaya

"You claim it's not in the cards,
Fate is pulling you miles away,
And out of reach from me,
But you're here in my heart,
So who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny.
What if we rewrite the stars?
Say you were made to be mine.
Nothing could keep us apart.
You'd be the one I was meant to find.
It's up to you and it's up to me.
No one can say what we get to be.
Why don't we rewrite the stars?
Maybe the world could be ours, tonight."

.
.
.

"But mum... I love Abel," Arui's voice was shaking with nervousness that he sweared he could almost feel the thundering heartbeats in his chest. He has never gone against his mother before and this made him mortified if it was even right in the first place to entertain the idea of being with Abel to her. He breathed in slowly as he tries to sooth the acceleration in his chest, "How can you say she's a tyrant when you haven't even met her? I've been with her... and she proved to me the British aren't as bad as they are portrayed in our history books. Mum, please... give Abel a chance to prove herself."

Arui felt as if he was a rebel. He forgot he was a traditionalist. Having a traditional name, he forgot he was one of them.

"Arui Vincent anak Andrew Buyun, you blind boy!" his mother shouted at the other line. Arui was shaken. When his mother used his full name, it wasn't good at all. "You've only been with Abel a few weeks. How can you be so sure of that girl in such short time? I don't need to give that monster a chance when I know what her kind did to our ancestors. Arui, you're out of your mind! You only love her because she's a pretty face. Why couldn't you just pick any other girl from our kind?"

"Our kind comes first before hers," he heard his mother sighed with frustration. "It's either her, that pathetic wimp of a snake or me and our proud Iban legacy. Your call to make, Arui."

She abruptly hanged up the phone. Arui lets go of the hitched breath he was holding as he fell back against the wall. His world fell apart. He has never felt this broken. He knew it was disastrous but he didn't knew it could turn into a debacle of his lifetime.

2. Perfect Strangers by Jonas Blue & JP Cooper

"Who knows the secret tomorrow will hold,
We don't really need to know,
You're here with me now.
I don't want you to go.
Maybe we're perfect strangers.
Maybe it's not forever.
Maybe intellect will change us.
Maybe we'll stay together.
Maybe we'll walk away.
Maybe we'll realize.
We were only human.
Maybe we don't need no reason.
There's so much we can't explain.
Maybe we're helping each other escape.
I'm with you."

.
.
.

"That's a really lame bucket list for a summer. How's eating local cuisine, visiting a museum and..." he trailed as he squinted his eyes to look at Abel's long list. He was about to laugh but he bit his lip as he swallowed his laughter. He smirked, "Buying a souvenir fun? And you made only three things, that's kinda sad."