Prologue

Cole Williams was surprised when the fey warrior knocked on his door. Not only were they interrupting a lovely dinner with his family but they didn't even try to to be unrecognizable. They were covered in the huge fey armor with the intent to talk to him. Cole Williams was actually fey as well. He had been one of the most respected bounty hunters, until he fell in love. Fey were forbidden to fall in love with humans or beings of different species. So when Cole met his wife on a mission, he knew he couldn't stay away. He was to be killed days later but escaped before they could catch him. It seems that they had found him.

"Honey who is it?" Cole's wife called from the hallway.

"Just business. I'll be back in a second sweetie," He told her before turning to the fey warrior. "Leave my family out of this." He begs hopelessly.

"The king has agreed to let you live if you do one thing. Colever Harpswood." The fey warrior recites robotically. Cole shivers at his fey name. When he moved to the fey world, he changed his name to blend in.

"What?" He asks cautiously, knowing that the fey can be tricky people.

"The heirs to the thrones of the fey world have gone missing and the kings and queens are thrown into a chaos. The council have requested you find the heirs soon for your freedom. We will check yearly and give you many resources but if there is no improvement you will be killed." The fey warrior explained briefly.

Cole swallowed the lump in his throat. He glances over his shoulder into the hallway where his wife once stood earlier. Without a second glance, he turns and nods to the warrior.

"I accept."