~8~

Annie's POV

I wake up and grab my phone from my nightstand to check the time. 7:49am. Damn my brain doesn't know how to sleep in! I raise up from my bed and sling my feet over to the floor an suddenly get a burst of goosebumps go through me from the freezing cold floor.

I slide on my unicorn slippers-- don't judge me-- and walk to Hayley's room, I have a mini heart attack because she isn't there. Oh right she's at Txnuamys(ik I didn't spell that right) house. I walk to the staircase, I get to the top of them and here footsteps from downstairs so I do what almost all teenage girls would do... I grab the nearest thing by me to use for a weapon and just my luck it's a Barbie doll.

I tip toe down the stairs and peek my head around the corner and see my mother-- well the lady who gave birth to me-- standing at the counter scrolling through her phone. I instantly tense up; I quietly and slowly turn around to go back up the stairs. I hit the second step to start running up to my room-

"Julianna?"

Fuck.

I drop the Barbie doll and I slowly turn back around and walk to the counter where the wicked witch stands; looking at me in disgust.

"What did I tell you about wearing such provocative clothes? And those slippers are just childish!" She states disappointed.

This is provocative? A cropped tank top and a pair of booty shorts? All I do is fucking sleep in it! And the slippers... well I guess those are a little childish, but I love them so I don't care.

"Sorry" I look at the floor.

"Ugh you disgust me! Now where's that little brat?" She walks past me and shoves me.

"Dont call her a brat! And Hayley stayed the night at a friend's house last night" I emphasis her name.

"Whatever"

"Why are you here?" I turn around to look at her.

"I'm here to give you the money to put food on the table for you damn brats" she digs in her purse and pulls out an envelope.

She walks over to me and hands me the envelope. Then she just glares at me, I drop my gaze to the floor.

"Look at me and say "thank you", you bitch" she yells.

"I'm sorry. Thank you" I say looking at her.

"Good, now I have to go" she says picking up her purse from the table.

"finally" I mumble.

"What was that?" She turns around looking at me.

"Nothing" I say out of fear.

"What did you say?" She says walking towards me.

"No-nothing" I stutter.

She raises her hand and I start backing up. I hit the counter the second her hand hits my cheek making my head turn to the side and a noise echo through the kitchen.

"Next time don't lie to me" she walks out of the kitchen and out the door.

An instant sting comes to my cheek. My hand comes up wiping the tears that has started to fall. This isn't the first time. I glance at my phone that's laying on the counter. I set down the envelope and grab my phone. 8:04am. I run upstairs to my room and cry. I want to talk to Hayden. I need to. I quickly dial his number. He didn't pick up the first 2 times but a third time's a charm right?

"Hello?"

That's not Hayden's voice.

"Umm hi?" My voice comes out like a broken child.