$75 - LAST CHAPTER

TRANSCRIPT OF INTERVIEW OF ZANE TOMA'S PSYCHIATRIST ELAINE JEFFERSON

PSYCHIATRIST ELAINE JEFFERSON.

- - - - - -
3RD OF JUNE, 2019, 8:30 PM
Case #: 56C3890R
OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTION OF POLICE INTERVIEW

- - - - - -
Whereupon the following proceedings were had in the White Wood Police Department, Burbank, Illinois, on June 3, 2019 and were transcribed from the video on June 12, 2019.

INVESTIGATOR: My name is Maher Saeed Butler. This is my partner, Detective Zolena Clark. For the record, today is June 3rd, 2019 at 8:30 PM. This interview is being recorded for falling under a case of homicide.

JEFFERSON: Am I under arrest?

INVESTIGATOR: We just need some answers concerning Zane Toma. Please corporate to help in solving this case.

JEFFERSON: Oh my God. [pause] Okay.

INVESTIGATOR: Please state your full name, date of birth, and occupation.

JEFFERSON: Elaine Fern Jefferson. December 21, 1971. I am a psychiatrist in the Burbank Mental Health Center.

INVESTIGATOR: How long were you working in the Burbank Mental Health Center?

JEFFERSON: Seven years. Since 2011. No, 2012. I was mostly working from an independent office before I moved to the Center.

INVESTIGATOR: Kindly state the correct year again.

JEFFERSON: 2012.

INVESTIGATOR: When did you start seeing Zane Toma?

JEFFERSON: The end of 2017. I remember it was October when he first scheduled an appointment because he felt that he wasn't treated well by his family.

INVISTIGATOR: Did you prescribe him any medication?

JEFFERSON: Antidepressants.

INVESTIGATOR: How often did he schedule for appointments?

JEFFERSON: He used to visit once a month to talk, but at the end of 2018, when his sister suicided, he started visiting more frequently and that's when I learned about [pause] Snow Edwards.

INVESTIGATOR: What was the nature of the relationship between your patient, Zane Toma, and Snow Edwards?

JEFFERSON: [pause] He used to tell me sometimes that she is the most powerful girl he saw because of how happy she looked in her pictures even after all the pain she caused to people.