18. Unsaid

*Author's POV*

It was crazy enough for Kylian to accept the fact that she didn't roast Mr. Singh. Her being his ex was a whole lot to take.

He already had a newsflash about them, which was also something that created more problems in his already immature past relationship.

"Wait wait wait. So you are telling me that he is your ex???" Kylian asked just to reassure that he didn't hear something wrong or that she wasn't pranking him but the way both Y/N and Mr. Singh were acting contradicted his thought.

"No. Not my ex technically. We never got into a relationship." She said slowly blinking looking at the man.

"What do you mean?" Kylian asked her confused. He just wasn't comfortable with a picture of her with another man. He somewhere knew that past was in the past and she must have let go of such things way before any of this. But he wasn't thinking straight.

"Well. We did love each other. But he said that if we ended up being in a relationship then he would want to spend the rest of our lives together. And that was a very big commitment for me. The thing is I fear commitment...." She paused and looked down a bit. Kylian thought she got emotional and had tears so he called out to her.
"Hey. It's okay." He wanted to make sure she was okay even though he wasn't.

She looked up with dry eyes and cringed eyebrows. She dryly  laughs and says, "I'm not sad, Kylian. I'm just shocked, I met him for the first time you know."

"What?" Kylian asks.
"Yeah. Call me lame or judge me I won't care but we just talked over Instagram. Exchanged  no.s and eventually got really close. Until one day he disrespected one of my loved ones and I scolded him and he never replied." She looked down again.

"Hey hey. It's okay. You always have my shoulder to cry on." Kylian says being the sweetheart that he is.

Y/N looks up immediately and looks at Kylian's worried face and starts laughing, "Trust me the only time I will cry for a guy is over my dead body."

Kylian looked at her confused. "Ohh really? Never cried over a guy huh?" He found this surprising. Because everyone goes through those crazy messed up teenage years where you just want someone. He's went through that. He's probably going through it again.

"Naah. My tear ducts are so dry that onions don't make me cry anymore. Well I use a trick for that but whatever." She said and Kylian laughed. He was relieved that she was in a light mood now.

More than relieved he was surprised that he has found someone exactly like him. he doesn't like committing to relationships either. Because he knows getting serious at this delicate age would make either one of them being hurt. Or worse. Both.

"So.. are you sure you wanna go to his party at the night club?" Kylian asked.

"Yeah. Why not?" She knew he loved clubs. Dancing and drinks. Not that he was an alcoholic, he barely liked any liquor, he just enjoyed that vibe of the club. But not Y/N. She hated clubs. For her it was just a room filled with drunk sweaty alcoholics. Neither did she drink nor did she ever wanted to.
It's bad enough that she already acted like a drunk girl. She had a crazy mind. Just like him.

"Okay." Kylian said and smiled. His attention was drawn back to the book in front of Y/N. "What are you reading?"

"Ohh you mean what am I studying? I need to get into this university. I passed the online test. There's just an interview left. I just have to clear that." Y/N said.

"I have no idea why you need to do that. But I won't ask you." He said and they both laughed.

"Are you two ready to order?" Comes in the waiter and asks. They have been sitting there for quite long.

They ordered the food they wanted and the waiter took off.

"So... you don't even like people telling you what they feel?" Kylian asked.

Y/N looked up from the book she was reading with a pencil between her teeth. "No. God no. I'm always open for that." She said and Kylian sighed in relief. He could say what he felt. Even though it wasn't love. How could it be. They haven't known each other for that long. And neither of them believed in love at first sight. It's a different thing that Y/N loved him from a fan point of view. But now that she was actually getting to know him personally, things might turn out a bit more difficult.

After a while the waiter arrived with their food and Kylian dived in after saying "Bon appetit."

Here's where Y/N was having trouble. Her dominant hand was injured. It was only strong enough to hold a pencil now. And the other one was just not skillful enough to try and eat the pancakes she ordered. She still tried to pick the knife and fork but ended up dropping them on her plate making the clink sound which made Kylian to look up at her.

"Jeez. Wait a second." Without hesitation he cut small pieces of her pancake and stuck the fork in one of those tiny pieces and bought that near her mouth. "There you go."

"You really don't have to do tha..." Her sentence was shut by Kylian sticking the fork in her mouth. She laughed.

He continued feeding her while she studied. Side by side he was eating and was on his phone. People were constantly tagging him in the same picture over and over. It was the photo where he had his hand on her cheeks and was looking deeply into her eyes. With caption, "I want someone to look at me the way Kylian looks at this girl." He laughed at that. He did screenshot it tho cause they both were looking absolutely amazing.

"Can I ask you something?" Y/N said all of a sudden before Kylian could finish laughing.

"Sure. Go ahead." He said.

"Why did you ask me what I felt about people confessing their feelings to me?" She asked looking at Kylian through her glasses.

Kylian was stunned. "Well. Umm... What if in the future I get feelings for you? And I never confess because you said you don't like committing to someone." His words came out awkward and he was stammering.

"Ohh. But don't you like already have feelings for me? You have spilled your feelings out in frustration before." She said and he truly was speechless this time. But she wasn't finished. She kept her hand on his hand.

"I just want to be that guy in your life you know. I do get jealous when I see you with some other guy. I'm sorry if that annoys you but now that fans are shipping us. You are gonna have to deal with me." Kylian said keeping his other hand on top of both their hands.

"I try to be so normal around you I swear but it's stuff like that cracks me up." She said smiling widely. "Ohh boy... Ohkay." She exhales and gestures that exhale with her hands.
She tries to keep her face serious and smirks, "Why do you expect me to not give my attention to some other guy when I don't know that you want it?" She says trying to hold her happiness and joy.

Kylian laughs at how she knows she feels absolutely flattered by what he said but is still tryna play tough. So he tries to bring on more of that joy in her, "Well. I can confess my feelings to you right now. Do you want me to?"

She smirks and moves her head side to side, "I think some things are better left unsaid."