Jolex's Wedding and The Unexpected Guest

Jo

         Hey everyone it's Jo.  As you all know, I am deeply in love with Alex Karev. We've been dating for a year or so now and my life has been amazing ever since. We just got our own gorgeous apartment right in the heart of downtown Seattle and it's really great since it's practically right across the street from the hospital. We spend all morning, afternoon, and evening in the OR, but at night, we get to go home and have a little bit of fun. 

          Anyways it's Christmas Eve and Alex and I are having a fancy dinner at La Ricci. I have this really nice blue dress I haven't worn yet and I plan on wearing it tonight. Alex has been asking me all month what I want for Christmas. What he dosen't know is the one thing I want is for him to propose to me at dinner tonight. OMG I just realized I can't assist on Dr.Grey's appendectomy at 7:30 tonight because our dinner reservation is at 8. Oh well they'll be more of those where they come from. It's 5 now and Alex just got out of a surgery so that means it's time to go home and ready for dinner.

        So Alex approaches me and says "Hey baby are you excited for dinner tonight?" Of course I am, why wouldn't I be? He tells me on the way out he has to check on Derek Anderson, a 5 year old boy he performed a kidney transplant on yesterday evening. So I'm assuming we'll probably get home a little before six and we'll have an hour and a half to get ready for dinner. I love the food at La Ricci and every time I go there, I have to fight the urge not to order everything on the menu. The food there is just that amazing.

       It's now 7:15 and we're about to leave the apartment, when Meredith calls him out of the blue asking him if he's going through with the plan for Jo tonight. He keeps telling her that Jo is in the other room and he's asking to shut up about it because he dosen't want to ruin the surprise. I don't like surprises because they always keep me wondering, and now I'm going to be wondering what the surprise Meredith mentioned all throught out dinner. 

        It's 7:55 and we have just arrived at La Ricci. It looks absolutely gorgeous. There are several christmas trees inside the restaurant and golden christmas lights hanging from the ceiling. The hostess comes us to as and asks for our names. Alex says it's Mr. and Mrs. Karev. It was strange hearing him say that because he's never called me Mrs. Karev before, which makes me wonder if that surprise plan that Meredith mentioned was the one thing I wanted most for Christmas.

          Our waiter approaches our table asks us what we want. Alex orders for both of us, he chose the chefs choice for both of us since he mentioned earlier that sometimes he likes to "spice things up".  It dosen't take that long for the food to come out, but when it finally came, I was crying of happiness because I love food that much. The chef's choice turned out to be extra cheese pizza topped with chicken, pineapple, mushrooms, and pepperoni. Right as I'm about to dig in and start eating, Alex tells me I can't eat yet. I ask him why not and he says "There's something I've been meaning to do for a few months now." 

        All of the sudden Alex gets down on one knee and says the following: "There's been a lot of girls since you Jo and I've had a lot of crazy chicks go in and out of my life, but you've been the one to stick by me the longest and words can't even describe how thankful I am for that. Before you, I was a sleaze. I went from girl to girl constantly and I couldn't keep a relationship for more than a week. I was mean and rude until I met you. You changed me in an amazing way. Since we started dating, you made me feel like that happiest guy on earth and I love you more than you will ever imagine. Over these past few months, I've realized how much I want and need you in my life. So, my question to you is will you let me stay?" I'm so happy all I can respond with is "Yes, yes yes". The smile on my face isn't going to go away anytime soon.