Chapter 1

Coming to Realization

We the jury hear by sentence 16 year old Santana Marii Taylor to 5 years in New York's maximum security prison for the Murder of Clifton White . My body felt numb as the jury declared me as guilty,I couldn't see due to me crying. God what did I do to deserve this I know I kilt him but it was self defense. In a matter of weeks since I murdered my stepdad my some what good life was turned into hell . A lot of people asked me why did I do well let me start from the day it happened

May 28th ,2013
Today was my graduation I'm pretty smart for my age considering me graduating early. I'm sixteen and today was the day I'd make my mother proud . My mother was my everything to me until she was brutally murdered till this day I'm still looking for my mother's killer. I would never forget the site of my mother laying in a pool of her blood.

Before she left me she said something about me being the best child and she loved me after I heard that I bawled but she said something else that to this day still confuses me she said "make sure that monster pay" I tried asking who but she was gone .

SANTANA MARII TAYLOR I was snapped out of my thoughts by my principal calling my name as I walked across the stage to get my awards people clapped but no one that I knew . I wouldn't say I was an outcast or anything I just didn't like people period. I had the mindset of " get your education and leave" all the time . I got my diploma and awards and walked back to my seat . After many names and speeches I saw hats fly into the air . I was proud of myself that I got through this after many night of bawling my eyes out .

I left the building and headed to my car . I was going home to pack up my things to leave for New York. I would be looking at the colleges there. Most of my stuff was already in my apartment there . After I got the little bit of stuff I still had here I said good bye to Virginia and Hello to New York. The plane ride there wasn't too long . My car wouldn't be here until tomorrow so I caught an Uber to my apartment. I walked into the apartment only to be greeted by my stepdad Clifton he was helping me move we didn't really have a bond but he insisted that he'd help .

Seems like every since my mother died he started to act weird I really didn't care though. Hey Clifton hope I didn't have you waiting too long I said to him . No your Ok I know you have a lot on your plate right now he said . I nodded and went to put my stuff in my room . When I got back I saw Clifton snorting something white .

Ummm Clifton I would appreciate if you did do that in my house thanks for helping but it would be nice if you could go I said as I went to the front door to let him out . Before I knew it I was being smacked causing me to hit the floor. I knew I should've kilt you with your hoe ass mother you talk to damn much . Everything happened so quick and all I saw was red . This man just told me he had killed my mother. It wasn't until I was being handcuffed that I snapped back into reality. As I sat in the cop car the officer read me my rights but I was to focused on the paramedics trying to save Clifton it was to late he was gone just like my mother.

Hope y'all like it!!! Santana Marii in the mm