Lesson One: New School Life

Breaking news: Missing parts of the Venus?
"We interrupted the program to inform a breaking news... "

NASA (National Aeronautics Space Administration) Reporting: 30% of the Venus vaporized.
"We had just got a word that about 30% of Venus had been vaporized into nothing, I repeat... "

Theories: Meteor? Black hole? Sun Radiation?
"The reason is still unknown... "

"Will our Earth face the same fate? "

.

.

.

"Greetings, I'm the one who blasted your Venus." Said a octopus-creature while wriggling its tentacles.

'..Huh?' The students all thought with a confused expression.

"I plan to do the same to Earth next year. Now I'm your teacher, nice to meet you." The creature said casually.

'There are at least six things wrong with this picture!' The class thought in sync, they are not so sure how to react to the scenario.

'Octopus...... I'm hungry now, damnit.'

'....It reminds me of Takoyaki..'

Except for two of them.

Daidouji Tsukito, a boy with hair as white as snow and eyes as red as ruby, who has a quiet and calm personality which is considered as an 'Bishounen' by his classmates. Despite his wonderful performance on both tests and behavior, he was placed into class E due to his poor attendance. Because of his hair colour and lack of presence in class, he was called 'Old man', 'Ghost' or 'Invisible human'.

Tanaka Shion, a girl with pale purple hair that matches her name and dawn red eyes, her timid and shy personality triggered her classmates protective nature, and became the 'younger sister' of the class. She moved into Tokyo to attend Kunugigaoka Middle school because she was given a scholarship, but her poor attendance soon became a problem that results her being in the end class. Due to her family background, people called her 'Country bumpkin' and 'Farm girl' a lot.

Both of them was seated at the last row, with Tsukito taking the seat behind Sugaya and Shion beside him, while another student in suspension is seated beside Shion. They came to school more often now, because well, if they keep doing that they'll be expelled, and also, the teacher was nice.

They are the only two in the class that lives alone, so they share some habits. For example...

'Why do it have to be an octopus? I've been saving up energy so I won't be hungry...'

'Ah, I mustn't think about food! I'm not buying the expensive foods around here!'

...Being extremely serious when it comes to life expenses.

"I'm Karasuma from the Ministry of Defense. First, please understand that what I'm about to say is a state secret." A stern man sighed. "Let me be blunt: I want you to kill this creature." He said, earning surprised and curious looks from the students.

"Um... What is that? Is that an alien or whatever that came to attack us?"

"How rude!I'll have you know that I was born and raised on Earth!"