Chapter 15

I looked up to the small window of the Chippette's bedroom and tossed the rock once up and down in my hand. I pulled my arm back a little aiming for the glass, before catapulting it through the air. It smashed into the glass, and I squinted up in a little horror.

It was only meant to TAP the glass! Not go through it.

I saw the lights in the bedroom quickly turn on, and the girls quickly ran over to the window, opening it and looking down in terror at who the vandal was.

I waved awkwardly, before clearing my voice, and asking.

"Hey, is Brittany free to talk?"

"Alvin?" she said, astonished and plain annoyed, "What in heaven's name do you want? It's nearly half twelve at night?"

"Just come down here... okay," I said nervously, and I saw Brittany roll her eyes. She removed herself from the window. After a few minutes, she came out of the tree house, wearing a pink nightgown over her silk nightdress, and I had to admit. Even just up from bed, she looked glamorous.

When she reached me on the ground, she tapped her foot a few times, frustrated, as she placed her hand on her hip, asking.

"So what is it, Alvin? What did you do this time?"

I took a deep breath in, before asking with bravery.

"Brittany... what am I to you?"

The blonde Chipette seemed to pause for a second. I could feel her sisters looking at me, and suddenly the window to my own bedroom opened up as my brothers peered down from it.

"What is going on?!" Simon asked, exasperated as he looked down at me and Brittany. Great, could this get any less private?!

"Nothing, Simon!" Brittany called up to him, innocently, before turning her eyes to me and proclaiming, "Okay, you want to know what you are to me, Alvin?" she cooled her breath and smiled sinisterly.

"You're my slave. You have to do whatever I say. There's no escaping me. I have you in my evil clutches."

She giggled a little then at her joke, thinking herself quite amusing, and I just grinned.

Replying.

"Good, I don't want my freedom."

Brittany blinked her eyes, baffled when she heard me say this and was about to speak up again but I held a hand before her to stop her words, continuing.

"Brittany, every girl I go after... every crush I have... they disappear as quickly as they come."

Her eyes began to widen as she realized where I was going with this.

"But you, you just won't leave me alone."

She frowned.

"You are such a diva, a miss perfect. A drama queen. You drive me mad..."

"Okay, enough..." she said, fed up but I just grinned, and held her arm, stopping her from leaving. I looked into her eyes, and simply said.

"but without you there... I think... I'd honestly be..."

She raised an eyebrow, waiting for the next insult, but I said... pain in my heart.

"...broken."

She stopped trying to leave now. Brittany's blue eyes only looked at me, a little worried about why I was talking like this.

"Alvin, what are you saying...?" she asked me quietly, her eyes sparkling from the moonlight and I took a deep breath in, continuing on bravely.

"I may not be a very good 'slave' to you. But I could be... a... good..."