Uncovered

🎧 (S/N: Getting Over You, Lauv) 🎵

Bakugo's PoV

That KirishiTma is a fucking dead man in my books. Seeing as how Todoroki also went for his textbook, it seems like he sent him on the same errand he got me to run.

So he likes to play god, huh? I'll see how godly he is after I'm done with him.

I stormed into his dorm, hearing a sharp yelp as Kirishima scrambled to the end of the bed that was the furthest away from me.

"What do you think you're doing? Setting me up with that bastard?"

"You guys were too cute for me to leave alone." Kirishima's demeanour changed. He winked at me, as if suggesting something explicit.

"You'd better run fast." I growled as I cracked my knuckles.

"W-Wait! You enjoyed your fateful encounter, didn't you?"

"Not helping." I narrowed my eyes.

"I patched things up between Todoroki and you, shouldn't I deserve a thanks at least?" He asked hopefully.

"I'll say thanks after I'm done imprinting a thanks on your face." I sighed, lowering my hand and relented. "...Thank you, I guess."

"See? It wasn't that hard, isn't it?" He grinned, leaning back to the headboard.

"Also, my friend, Lida, told me something interesting." He said it as if he was conspiring with me about something.

"What?" I said, impatient.

"Todoroki is currently sharing a dorm with him."

"Todoroki?" I frowned. "Doesn't he have a huge-ass mansion or something?"

"Yeah, according to Iida, his father kicked him out."

🦆🦆🦆

Todoroki's PoV

Returning to my dorm, I pushed open the door to find it empty. Lida still hasn't returned. I spotted a cardboard box on the study table that we shared, and I held it up to the light.

For: Todoroki Shouto of Class 1-A, Dorm 37

I slid open the drawer and slipped my hand inside, fumbling around for a pen-knife. I cut open the package and found a familiar wooden frame lying face down inside, with a neon pink post-it peeking out.

I took it out and read the note.

Dear Onii-Chan,

You left without saying goodbye again. I found this under your bed while they punished me by making me change rooms from mine to yours.

I hope you are coping well, and you owe me two chocolate ice-creams this time.

Scarlet

I felt my lips pull into a smile as my eyes trail the note, stopping finally at her name. My step-sister, the second youngest out of the four, a whirlwind of a troublemaker.

She felt like my true sister, the one who would comfort me when the taunts and barbed remarks from my step-mother and sisters got too much, the only one who had ever defended me.

I missed her, but she got sent to juvie a few weeks ago, and the mansion without her presence was achingly empty, making me feel pangs of nostalgic loneliness.

I didn't want her to suffer anymore because of me, so I hid the fact that I somehow got chased out of the mansion like a flea-infested stray by my own father.

She returned. She would probably get exiled back to juvie sooner or later, seeing as how my step-mom couldn't stand her.

I murmured a silent wish for her to stay safe and happy, as I turned my attention to the wooden photo frame lying at the bottom of the package.

It was an old, worn one of my mother, father and I. It depicted him smiling, a sight I have never seen ever since the night of the fire.

My mother was nymph-like beautiful, her smile so happy and naive, as if she was the sun itself.

And a young me was in her warm arms, grinning for all it was worth.

It was a time where however much distance I cover, I can never reach.

It was something unattainable now.

I've almost forgotten her, forgotten her scent, the feeling of her warm embrace, her calming voice. Now unwanted memories is taking the place of my thoughts, making me remember why I wanted to forget them so badly.

Because I missed that feeling. The feeling like I actually belong, as if I was loved, as if I would be remembered and missed if I ever left.

It was feeling I ached for, but despairingly, it was something that was impossible to have.

At least, as a temporal distraction to numb my useless pain, I had both Bakugo and Kirishima, even if they both wouldn't stay and last.

I felt something cold and wet falling my eyes and I, startled, touched it cautiously.

Water covered my fingertips, and I had a notion of what they were.

Tears, I was crying.

They just kept falling, more and more, as if a worn dam was creaking, cracking and finally, breaking, letting out gushes and gushes of salty liquid, like a tap that couldn't be closed.

A painful tightness gnawed at my chest as I hurriedly wiped off my tears, trying to hold back the relentless, endless quantity of it, but the more I tried to suppress it, more pain spread and branched over my chest, strangling me.

"Never let any shred of emotion slip past." My father always warned, and reminded me on a daily basis.

Now look me, pathetically and practically weeping.

I quickly walked to the bathroom and flipped the tap, hastily splashing cold, freezing, cold liquid on my face, hoping that I could wash away the tears and the pain.

Puffy, watery eyes stared back at me through the mirror, and my contact lens started getting uncomfortable, so I peeled them off carefully.

A pair of heterochromatic eyes greeted me, reminding yet again of my mother, who left me with one of her grey orbs, which used to host so much love and warmth, now laid to an eternal rest in the ground, all because of me.

It's all my fault.

🦆🦆🦆

I apologise for the delay of chapters. I was in a full-day learning trip hosted by my messed up school.

I'm

So

Tired.

I hope you like this chapter which i spontaneously cooked up. Your thoughts on it?

Edits on edit: Todoroki's eyes are the only hetero- thing about him