Chapter 2

This was always a big mood for Cheryl, but when guiding Toni around the school 5 minutes felt like 5 years.
She noticed a lot of things about the school, and was surprised when she came to a sudden stop.

'Cheryl, why did we stop. We still have tons of rooms to go'

'I know, I know. It's just-well'

'Spit it out, we haven't got time to mess around'

'Look. Don't laugh but... I have no idea what room this is. I've never noticed it before until now, and I've never seen anybody enter it'

Toni chuckled lightly, amused at Cheryl's curiosity.
'I know you told me not to laugh but I couldn't help it. Don't stress about it, it's probably just the janitor room'

'We don't have a janitor'

'Oh, I guess this school is quite similar to Southside High'

'We're going in'

'What'

Cheryl rummaged through her bag frustratingly, searching for something that she couldn't find. It was normal for her since the bag was huge, but it was still annoying.

'Aha! Found it!'
She whipped a small shiny hair clip out from her leather bag, feeling proud that she kept it in there.
(Cheryl was one of those paranoid people who always keep useless stuff in their bag in case of emergency)

She fidgeted with the clip until it was finally perfect to slip into the keyhole.

'Watch and learn. This is a little trick Nancy Drew taught me, it might come in useful one day'

Cheryl explained, twisting and turning the shiny object around the hole, eventually hearing a small click as the door opened slightly.

Toni stood back impressed, wondering how on earth someone like Cheryl Blossom would know about Nancy Drew.

'So you're telling me you've read the books?'

'Hahaha no. My cousin Betty Cooper taught me how when... well it's a long story but yeah we call her Nancy Drew because she's always around when something fishy is going on in Riverdale'

'Oh wasn't she the one who sir mentioned earlier? Apparently she always guides the newcomers. She sounds pretty chill, do you mind showing me where they sit at lunc-'

'Nuh uh no can do. You're sitting with me, you can make friends later. But what's important right now is what's inside this door'

The two of them nudged the door open cautiously, checking left and right before entering the mysterious room.

It wasn't as special as they thought it would be (or shall I say Cheryl thought it would be, since Toni didn't expect much)
But there were multiple shelves filled with old and dusty books, and several chairs placed randomly around the room. Everything else looked modern and almost normal.

'Well this is pretty basic for a secret room, I've got to say, I was expecting something really creepy like in those scary movies'

'Sorry to disappoint, but I feel like we shouldn't be in here. It's pretty basic anyway and it's almost 3rd period'

'Let's skip'

'Are you insane?! I'm new and you're already trying to get me in trouble. I should've gone with that Betty girl instead. She seems much nicer than you and she's pretty cute too'

Something snapped inside of Cheryl when she heard her say those words. Her blood began to boil as she filled up with rage, her face twitching in anger.

'I can assure you that I am better than my stupid cousin. Anyway, her boyfriend is a serpent. Obviously you know him'

'Oh, Jughead Jones. He never mentioned anything about a girlfriend'

'Yeah, well. Karmas a bitch'

Cheryl grabbed the chair that looked most comfortable and heavily sighed.
This day had not been going well for her. Or this week.

'Hey, I'm sorry if I upset you. You look really mad and I didn't mean to-'

'It's fine. I get like this sometimes, just give me a second'

'Well, for what it's worth, I was joking about Betty being cute. I haven't even seen her yet, remember?'

Cheryl felt a sudden rush of embarrassment as she noticed that Toni was right. As she mentally slapped herself, she stood up to say something to the pink-haired girl, but couldn't find any words to say.

So, being her, she blurted this out.

'I knew that'

'Yeah ok whatever you say'
Toni chuckled lightly, loving the fact that the girl who was just a second ago insulting her was now flustered and confused.

She didn't know why but she loved seeing the red head flustered and she didn't actually mind the bickering they have between them.
It felt to her like they had being doing it their whole lives, even though they had just met.

Toni thought this was strange since she had never felt something like that before, but she just shrugged it off as mood swings and forgot about it almost immediately.

After a while, the two had forgotten about the whole incident and actually found themselves enjoying each other's company, giggling and laughing to whatever the other person said, the lost track of time completely.

It was just them and the forbidden room, together for eternity

Xx