Chapter 56

Niall POV

“What do you mean you’ll soon find out?” I say to her, poking her arm over and over again. I was acting like a 5 year old I know but it was really annoying me. The interview had bored me to death from the woman asking the same questions we always get asked and being the most up herself person she could be. Almost having her chest out to try and seduce us – which didn’t work – and hopelessly flirting.

“Get off Niall” She sighs as she lays her head against the window.

“What did you mean though? Is it a surprise? Oh I love surprises! Unless they’re mean like when someone punches you and is like ‘surprise’ and you’re just like ‘well that was mean’. It’s not horrible like that is it?” I say quickly as I look over at her.

Her eyebrows were furrowed with an amused smirk on her face. “Niall, what the hell have you eaten today?” She says tucking a strand of hair behind her ear as I pull a rather amusing thinking face.

“Uh, chocolate, gummy bears- which Liam stole…” I start before seeing her shake her head laughing softly as she plugs a headphone in. She still hadn’t answered my question about what she meant about soon finding out.

The car pulled up at my mums house as we all climbed out. I grabbed my luggage as the others grabbed nothing. I was staying at my mother’s while everyone else was in a hotel down the road from us. I opened the door, smiling wide as I heard her voice before lifting her in a happy hug. “Hello mum” I said softly as my accent grew thicker.

Everyone else said their hello’s, stopping for cups of coffee before having to leave to book into their rooms. I sighed softly, as I sat on the sofa watching the television on my own. It felt weird not having anyone around.

“It’s a shame I couldn’t meet this Becky girl… She sounded lovely” My mum said softly as I nodded. She was mum, she really was. If only you knew.

I missed her a heck of a lot. Even going a day without her was hell. How I would manage ten weeks I don’t know. Sophie some how managed to last three years without her and Liam, so I surely could do it.

The front door opened as I ignored it, watching some Irish television programme contently, thinking it was Greg coming to see mum. My legs were propped up on the table and my arms over the back of the chair either side of me. Spaced out would be a good word to describe my current position.

I heard a girl’s voice from the kitchen, making me a little more intrigued as to who it was. Since when did my mum have girls about my age coming around?

The voice sounded too familiar for my liking. Perhaps it was just a friend from when I was at school who knew I was home. My curiosity got the better of me as I stood up walking to the kitchen. “Mum who-“ I start before staring at the back of the girl.

Rebecca.

“B-Becky?” I say softly as she turns around. Her dark brown eyes glistening as she looked at me. “What are you doing here?” I almost screamed as a wide smile crossed my face.

She began running, like in the films to which I lifted her into my arms. Her arms falling around my neck and my lips to hers softly. “I missed you so much…” I whisper softly as I keep my eyes closed. “So, so much” I whisper as my nose rubbed against hers gently.

Seeing her once more and having her in my arms again made my day feel better. I knew she was okay. I knew she wasn’t hurt. “What made you come back?” I say softly looking up into her eyes as her soft fingers ran through my hair, massaging my scalp slightly as she did so.

“I missed you too much… And I wanted to surprise you” She nods softly with a wide smile. “So, surprise?” She says as more of a question.

“The best surprise I could get” I whisper pressing my lips to hers gently as my mum silently excused herself, leaving me and the most perfect surprise together in the hold of each other’s arms.