Letting Go is a matter of Choice

Why is it that there are times when you’re so depressed, frustrated, angry and you just feel like you want to cry and tears just won’t come out? Does it happen to you? There would be times when our mind would dictate what is right but our hearts would insist on what it wants, even if we know it is wrong. Letting go of something we want so badly would never be easy. It would always hurt us to see someone we have learned to love leave us. But life is what we make it.

 It is always a matter of choice. There is always hope no matter how painful and hopeless life may seem to be. There will always be love even if we lose all our reasons to believe in its existence. There will always be a chance to find happiness in a dark and gray world we live in. All we have to do is believe in ourselves and know by faith that someone loves us for who we are, regardless of our imperfections and our faults. True love can see what is beautiful only when its eyes are closed because the real worth of a person is measured not by what is seen but by the good that lives in his heart. It is difficult to let go of someone we love. It only becomes easy when there are no more feelings holding us back.

 The first heartache often becomes a preamble to another, and then, another. Until we mature emotionally and learn from the pain of our mistakes. Showing someone our love and affection doesn’t really hurt. It is when we expect that person to return the love that we have given that we begin to feel miserable when we don’t get anything in return. Not because someone has failed us in love means we are a failure. When we are overwhelmed by our attraction to someone, we make the usual mistake of putting good meaning to everything he does.

We would always have our way of making ourselves believe that we are extra special and different from the rest. When, in fact, to that person, we are just like anybody else. Actions speak louder than words but when there are no words, actions can have a thousand meanings. And we can always misinterpret them.

When we decide to love someone, we give out our best to let that person know we mean our intentions. We entrust our time, our effort and our emotions into a relationship that we hope would give us a good return of our investment. But, does true love really work this way? Love, in its real sense is not conditional. We do not share this emotion to gain something in return. Love is a gift that we should give because we want to give it and not because we want to get something out of it. Love should be given without conditions, without reasons, without expectations. There is a price we pay for everything that we do. There is a reason for everything that happens to us. Sometimes we cry in self-pity and live ahead with anger and the thought of revenge. There will never be peace in our hearts for as long as we let the past take control of the present.

The pain that love brings can sometimes make our world come to a chilling stop and only acceptance and forgiveness can break bitterness and sorrowful regret. When we like someone so much we develop this inclination to interpret that person’s actions in a very positive way. We even give the smallest gesture so much meaning which, in return, gives us a better reason to like him even more Love dies in our hearts but it can grow again if we learn to accept our destiny and give time a chance to heal our wounds. Let us always remember that we cannot always have everything we want.

We are blessed when we find love but we should still be thankful when we loose it for what are denied of are things not meant for us and what we have been given are the ones destined forever. You may have lost someone precious to you but that doesn’t mean you cannot be happy again. As it has been said, it may storm for days to nights on end but it will not storm forever. Remember, our lives may seem in endless chaos but there will always be a way to surpass it. Pain may linger longer than we wish but God will always help us find a way to face it. Anyone who has gone through the agony of losing someone he loves so much will still wish against all odds to have that love back again. But, sometimes a love lost is a love gone forever. No amount of hope can bring back to life a relationship that just died a natural death. May this letter make us realize that we may never be able to do anything to change what love has brought us now but when we learn from it and do.... well with what it has left us then we can always look forward to blessings of brighter and better things to come.