Under My Skin (Troyler AU)

Chapter One

"Oh come on, I promise it'll be fun," Hayden pleaded, taking a sip of the drink he had ordered.

I sigh, swirling the straw in my own drink with an index finger. "You know how much I despise celebrities, they're all stuck up and pretentious. It's basically just gonna be a bunch of people competing against each other to be the most snooty."

I watch as Hayden rolls his eyes at me from across our table. "Not all celebrities are like that, I've met tons that are super sweet and not at all how you describe them."

"Name one," I challenge.

"Nicole Depevrio," He quickly shoots back, causing me to slight grimace at him. "C'mon just give it a chance, I promise if you don't like it, I'll never make you go to another thing like this again."

I bite my lip in thought. "Promise?"

"Promise."

I study his face in interest, only to find his face was full of truthfulness and a hopeful smile as he looked at me. I knew he just wanted me to have some fun while I was in LA and actually get the full experience, he wouldn't put me into a bad situation on purpose and if that became the problem, then he would help me. I knew Hayden well enough to know that.

I sigh, nodding slowly. "Fine, ok, I'll come."

An excited squeal comes from Hayden's mouth as he jumps like a toddler in his seat with excitement before a hold up a finger, putting his movements to a halt. "Under one condition," I say.

He looks at me raising an eyebrow as if to continue. "I get to drink," I say flatly. 

He rolls his eyes with a sigh before smiling and nodding. "I suppose so, but don't get piss drunk because we all know you are a fucking dumbass when you're drunk and I swear if you get sent to jail I am not bailing your ass out."

I roll my eyes dramatically. "Whatever."

"I'm glad you coming, ah this is going to be so much fun!" Hayden exclaims, clapping his hands together in excitement. Hayden had always been a rather more flamboyant and stereotypical gay compared to I. He looks up to me with wide eyes. "We need to find something for you to wear!"

I groan. "Hayden. that's really not necessary," I mumble.

"My ass it's not necessary I'm not letting you show up in a simple suit and tie or white and black, ew boring," He sing-songed, placing a twenty on the black two person table for the drinks and small appetizer we had shared before standing up and pulling me away from the restaurant. 

I scoffed and tripped over my feet as he stood us on the curb whistling down a taxi. "Where are we going?"

"Shopping!" He exclaims, excitement bright in his eyes, and it took the most strength not to groan indispleasure. 

////////

"No, you literally look like a grandpa," Hayden says, sat in the purple velvet chair outside the dressing rooms. 

"Why don't you pick something out, you know I am shit at this, I don't know why you keep making me pick things," I say throwing my hands in the air absolutely exhausted and slightly annoyed. Shopping definitely wasn't my thing and it never will be, I found it a waste of time and money, I usually just had my sister drag me to stores where I'd wait on my phone while she picked stuff out for me, I guess I could blame her for my style. 

"Fine," He huffs, pushing himself off the chair and disappearing back into the main part of the store.

After a few minutes of waiting Hayden came back through the door with a mountain of clothes hanging over his arms. "Take your shirt off, keep your pants on, take of those shoes, put these socks on and these converse," He demanded, tossing me a pair of grey wooly socks and dropping some converse on the ground. 

I give him a shocked look which he counteracts with a pointed stare, rolling my eyes I strip of the grandpa shirt and am left only in the greyish skinny blue jeans, showing my unfortunately skinny pale chest. Self-consious, I bend down throw off the shoes and white socks I currently have on, slipping on the thick and soft socks and the creme colored converse. I watch Hayden look at me nodding slight once I had stood up before bending down to my shins and pulling the tops of the socks up bit higher and rolling the bottoms of the jeans once. 

"Ok, perfect, now put on this blue button down," He says turning around and grabbing a sky blue button down and throwing it at me, which I catch barely and begin to slip it on, and once all of the buttons were together. "Now put this on over it."

I look down at the dark brown, almost black sweater he had handed me. "Aren't I going to be extremely hot in this?"

"No, don't worry, it's supposed to be pretty chilly tonight and the venue itself is pretty cold most of the time, I'll make sure of that," He explains. 

I let out a breath, shaking my head as I pull the sweater over my head and adjusting it uncomfortably over the other shirt. Hayden then steps in to pull the collar of the blue button down out so it rested on top of the neck of the sweater, and pulling the sleeves and bottom of my shirt down so they weer peaking out of the sweater. 

"Ooh, you actually look good! I'm great!" He exclaims excitedly, making me roll my eyes. 

"Now, this is for later," He holds up a dark gray peacoat. "And these are for the rest of the time."

I watch him pick up a pair of dark blue framed glasses that matched both the shirt and my eyes. I furrow my eyebrows. "How'd you know my perscription?"

"I don't, these are fact, so keep in your contacts," He explains before slipping them onto my face. 

" Voilà!" He says with a big smile and jazz hands. "You can look in the mirror now." (A/N What it sorta looks like is on the side)

Stepping into the fancy and extremely large mirror I take in the sight of myself, looking up and down I almost didn't recognize me but at the same time I totally did. The sweater made me look like me, seeing as they were an everyday part of my wardrobe, but the button down made it look tons classier as did the socks but the converse were me. The glasses were honestly a bit iffy but I liked it, I looked good. 

I smiled slightly and turns to Hayden. "Do you like it?"

"Yeah, a lot surprisingly, it's totally me, but a lot better and classier."

"Great, now we'll just have to see what everyone else says at the part," Hayden says excitedly. 

I let out a sigh, nervous. This is going to be quite the adventure. 

OK SO WELCOME TO THIS NEW STORY I GUESS, ME (AWETILLY AKA CLOVER/CLO) AND COCO (BRINGCOLOURTOMYSKIES AKA COURTNEY) ARE BOTH WRITING. THIS IS SORT OF A BORING STARTER CHAPTER BUT IT'S STILL THE CHAPTER AND WE HAVE TO GET THE BORING STUFF OUT OF THE WAY, I PROMISE VERY VERY SOON IT WILL BE GETTING INTERESTING. I HOPE YALL ENJOYED. NEXT CHAPTER WILL BE WRITTEN MY COURTNEY! SEE YA

-CLO (Awetilly)