Chapter 2

September 5th, 2055, 23:44PM

Location: Hokkaido, Japan

We've been relocated to Hokkaido since our house got bombed last week by a random guy. According to my mother we're only here for another day, but I really don't want to leave Hokkaido. It's so peaceful here! I've not seen a fight break out since we got here last week. Although, I must admit that the emergency shelter conditions aren't that great. I'm sharing a tiny room with my mother and 2 younger brothers. And the heating and food isn't too great. But I'm glad we're somewhere peaceful now. I wonder if I can persuade my mother to let us permanently move to Hokkaido. But her job is in Tokyo so I guess that won't work.

Since about yesterday, there's been rumours going all around the emergency shelter about a cheerful girl from Mars. Her name is Sayumi, I think. They're saying that if we persuade her to come to Earth she'd save it for us with her positive, happy vibes. I wish she could come. We need this planet to be saved. Urgently. 

I wish this planet could be saved. Imagine what would happen if it was. I no longer would have to worry about being hurt in a street fight. In fact - I have a major scar on my knee from when I was about 16. I remember the story really well. I was walking home from work when all of a sudden I heard some curse words. I went over just to realise that it was another street fight - this time between 2 teenage boys who obviously hadn't been drafted into the military yet. I tried to walk back in the other direction towards my house - but I couldn't help it. This fight was more violent than I'd ever seen in my one year's experience living in Tokyo. Usually the fights included lots of cursing each other out, then a few punches and fight over. But this one, was really violent. Blood could be seen all over the fight scene. Even on the wall of the house nearby. I wanted to call the police - but I knew that these days, the police would be no help. The fight went on until one of the boys had accidentally punched my leg really hard. My leg was bleeding. Really hard. 

Ever since then I've been hurt a few more times - but I'm used to it now. I wish I wasn't though. I've witnessed so many deaths due to street fights in the past. I absolutely hate it. Imagine a world without all this violence. I wish I could go back to my childhood, in peaceful Honolulu.