Chapter 15

Maddie's POV

My heart is beating out of my chest. I'm so nervous. It's more like an excited nervous though.

Today is the day.

"I'm so excited for you," my mom says, sitting in the chair across the room.

"Thanks, mom," I grin at her.

"I knew you two would find your way back to each other," Jurnee adds.

"I have been LIVING for this day," Gabby says, opening the door and coming in, "let's get you prettied up."

I laugh, "Okay."

I walk over and sit in the chair in front of the mirror. She starts brushing out my hair when the door opens again. I look in the mirror and see Catie.

"FINALLY BITCH!" She screams.

"Catie!" I laugh.

"I've been waiting years for this day!" Catie exclaims.

"Okay, I'm back," I hear as the door opens. I smile when my childhood best friend, Cassie, who also happens to be my maid of honor, comes in.

"Is Caleb here?" I blurt out and the girls laugh.

"Of course he is, Maddie," Gabby laughs.

I breathe out, nervously, "I'm just nervous."

"I know, that's normal. But there's no reason to be," Gabby smiles at me in the mirror.

"He loves you, sweetheart," my mom tells me.

"I don't know what to do so I'm just here," Catie says.

"Oh, I don't know, maybe get your dress on?" Gabby chuckles, turning to look at her for a moment and pointing at her own dress.

"Good idea," Catie says, standing up.

"What if something goes wrong? What if-" I start.

"Maddie, stop," Cassie says, taking some makeup out and sitting it on the table in front of me, "nothing is going to go wrong. It's going to be amazing."

"It is," Gabby grins.

It's going to be a small simple wedding, but that's more so what we wanted. It's only our families, Harley and Cassie, and the other contestants from the top seven of our season.

"Today is going to be perfect," Catie remarks, now in her dress.

"I can't believe it's happening," I say, my hair now finished.

"Believe it," Cassie smiles, putting eyeshadow on my eyes.

Whenever my hair and my makeup are done, my mom goes over to the rack and gets the wedding dress. It's the one she wore when she was married, and it's beautiful.

When I have it on, I look and myself in the mirror and my mom's eyes start watering as her hands go over her mouth.

"You look beautiful," she says.

"Mom, don't cry. You're going to make me start crying and I just had my makeup done," I laugh, eyes watering.

"I put waterproof mascara on you," Cassie states, "cry all you want."

We all laugh at her comment, and before I know it, it's time for the wedding to start. I feel my breathing get heavy and I go over and sit in the chair quickly. I put a hand on my forehead and close my eyes.

"Maddie?" Cassie says, coming over to me, "Hey, Maddie. You okay?"

"I'm scared. Can I do this?" I ask, opening my eyes and looking at her.

"Of course you can. You love Caleb and he loves you more than anything in the whole universe," she smiles.

"Thanks, Cassie," I smile back, feeling a little at ease.

She goes out the door and I stand up. I take another look at myself in the mirror.

"This is it," I breathe out.

I walk out the door and see my dad in the hallway. I walk over to him as he stares at me.

"You look beautiful," he whispers.

"Thank you," I smile.

"You ready?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say, unable to contain my smile.

He helps me walk down the stairs, and when we are at the bottom, all of the people in the wedding take their turns down the aisle. Finally, it's my turn. I let out a nervous breath and link arms with my dad.

I look down the aisle and see Caleb. He stares at me for a moment before a huge smile spreads across his face. I smile back as my dad and I start down the aisle. I look at everyone there, and I see everyone smiling.

Everyone except Cade.

I am very confused as I see him standing there, looking very uncomfortable. I ignore it and look back to Caleb as my smile grows. Finally I am standing in front of Caleb, and the priest starts.

"Maddie and Caleb, today you are surrounded by your friends and family, all of whom have gathered here to witness your marriage and to share in the joy of this special occasion. Today, as you join yourselves in marriage, there is a vast and unknown future stretching out before you. The possibilities and potentials of your married life are great; and now falls upon your shoulders, the task of choosing your values and making real your dreams. Through your commitment to each other, may you grow and nurture a love that makes both of you better people. A love that continues to give you great joy, and also a passion for living that provides you with energy and patience to face the responsibilities of life."

"Caleb," Cade blurts out, and everyone looks at him, "I need to talk to you."

"Cade! What the hell are you doing?" Gabby exclaims.

"You need to know," Cade says to Caleb.

"W-what's going on?" I ask, nervously.

"Come with me, please?" Cade asks Caleb.

"Dude, now? We're in the middle of-" Caleb starts.

"Just come on!" Cade says, stepping forward and grabbing Caleb's arm before pulling him upstairs with him.

"Gabby? Do you know what's going on?" Catie asks.

"No, I don't," Gabby says, agitated, "I don't know what his deal is."

I feel my eyes watering again as I stand at the alter... without Caleb.