Chapter 2- Adjustments

"There are going to be some adjustments you're going to have to get used to," Jeremiah mumbled. The whole ride to the home Valeska lived, was quiet. All she did in the back seat was fiddle with the end of her skirt and watch the beautiful view of the city turn into woods.

Jeremiah lived in a place that was outside of Gotham, apparently it was secret too for his driveway had a large, black, steal bar gate with warning signs of high voltage. The home was two story and large, it sorta looked like a mini version of a mansion. (Y/n) was amazed at the sight of it, in which made Jeremiah slightly grin in the mirror.

The house was wall brick that was multiple shades of light brown with white trimming on the four, visible windows, and the roof was shingled with dark-grey planks. It was beautiful, not so much the outside or the woods that surrounded it. "Going inside will have to wait," Jeremiah mumbled.

(Y/n)'s lips sealed when looking at him, he was in the passenger seat but he stepped out when the maid did. He had a straight posture and had light cheeks when (Y/n) watched him walk around the car. "Why not?" she asked. When Jeremiah sat in the driver's seat, he buckled up with a hesitated sigh. "We are going to my work place," he whispered.

Again, the car ride was silent and a bit odd. It was also getting dark for the sun was going to set as he drove them deeper into the woods. There were a metal bunker a mile in, and (Y/n) gave a confused look to it. "Don't be frightened," Jeremiah whispered when popping open the back door. "I would never harm you."

(Y/n)'s heart skipped a beat when hearing him say that. It also made her smile, as is she felt a spark of trust between the two be lit. She gave a nod and stepped out of the car, only to blush more when a hand slithered around her waist as the two walked to the door. "I find it peaceful out here," he mumbled. "It's just one of the adjustments you're going to have to get used to, again."

Again, (Y/n) nodded. When she stepped inside the metal, rectangular box, she was amazed again. There were a stack of monitors in the corner, the walls had graphic designs sketched on large pieces of paper, and a yellow, layout map of Gotham was at the back.

"I understand," (Y/n) said. As she walked to the table that had spare parts and sketches of an odd object, (Y/n) couldn't help but to stare at Jeremiah. When he looked at her, she blushed and look down, then back up when the lights shut off. She seen that only one lamp was lit and it was the one above her.

Her heart start to race with anxiety when he walked to her and took her hand. Jeremiah made her face the bored, which caused her brows to furrow. "Darling, there's something I should tell yo-." "Mr. Wild! Thank you for meeting us," a voice called out.

When (Y/n) turned her head, she seen two familiar officers that she out ran days before she was sent to the orphanage. Those officers were Harvey Bullock and Jim Gordon. When Jeremiah turned, he smiled with parted lips as if he was about to speak before a gun was pointing at him and her. Jim was the one holding the gun, he had short hair and narrowed eyes that were aiming towards Jeremiah.

"My god. There's two of them," Harvey said. Harvey was the man with shaggy head and facial hair, he was also pointing a gun towards the two that had their hands raised. A minute of silence went by, (Y/n) kept her hands raised as well as Jeremiah, who did the same, with his chin resting on her head. "Oh, no," Jim added. Harvey looked at his partner with a confused look. "What? What else is an 'oh no' Jim?" he snapped.

(Y/n) looked at the ground and shut her eyes when hearing Jeremiah's breathing starting to get unsteady. "(L/n). The run away on case 22," Jim mumbled. (Y/n) then looked up with parted lips, which made her and Harley have the same expression. "Oh, shit. Alright! Lower your gun, Jim."