Chapter 7

Yoongi was either miraculously lucky or devastatingly unlucky

Yoongi was either miraculously lucky or devastatingly unlucky. He ended up being part of Jung's team within the night but also ended up being the bodyguard of Jung Haebum who was literally the person he wanted to stay away from.

It was not only the fact that she's dangerous and could find out about him but it was also due to the fact that his heart pounded rapidly and he sweated nervously whenever she was near him.

So, looking at her smiling at him so sweetly made his soul leave his body. He wondered what was wrong with him. This had never happened before. Even with Haru, he wasn't this nervous. Maybe it was also because he knew she was someone he shouldn't be involved with in any type of relationship expect for being cops and criminals.

"So," she spoke and her voice sounded like honey which just added fuel to the fire. "Tell me more about yourself."

They were currently seated, with coffee served, in the living room of the Kim residence. The Jungs decided to spend the night over since Hoseok still had to discuss about their project with the other two partners. Yoongi did hear Hoseok telling Haebum that he wanted to talk with her afterwards and he was sure it had to do with the arsenic found in Hyun's pocket.

"I'm Min Yoongi and I wanted to join the team. I've handled things before so don't worry about-" He was cut off when Haebum held her hand up to gesture him to stop.

"Tell me something I don't know. Maybe what your story. Something like your family, friends and stuffs."

"O-oh... Umm," Yoongi worried his lip and he looked up when she suddenly laughed.

"Why are you being so stiff? Don't worry! I won't bite you. Just think of this as getting to know each other," she then paused to hum, "How about I start first then?"

She clasped her hands together on the table after placing her cup aside.

"I am Kim Haebum but now that I'm married to Hoseok, I'm Jung Haebum. I majored in business and I love to play harp. Maybe I'll play for you one day. Oh and I love children. I often go to the orphanage where we usually donate and play with the kids there."

Yoongi stared at Haebum as she talked. She looked like a normal lady introducing herself. She really gets excited when talking about the kids at the orphanage. She didn't look like the most wanted criminal in the country.

"What about you?" She passed the conversation to him. Her eyes were gleaming excitedly as she waited for him to speak.

There may be a million reasons to fall for Jung Haebum but he only needed one to stop himself.

He let out a sigh.

"There was a woman whom I really loved."

••••••••••••••••••<>••••••••••••••••••