𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐦𝐢-𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥

WINTER SEMI-FORMALthree
tim drake x reader

prompt :
"not sure if you could tell, but i'm not exactly a people person."

this might have been the worst night ever.

as you stood surrounded by a large crowd, all clad in their best dresses and tuxedos, the music blasting and the bright, colorful lights flashing all around you, you felt completely alone and out of place. either your date had ditched you or he was running a little late, even so you couldn't help but feel anxious by the atmosphere. you were asked to attend the winter semi-formal at gotham academy, and you being you couldn't take down the offer. saying no was not something you grew used to but then again the one who asked you was someone you didn't mind to be with. you actually liked him.

it was none other than tim drake himself.

thinking of him brought a small smile on your lips, the first memory you had of him coming into view. you were a new student and the teacher had assigned him to help you settle in and get used to the new class and environment, during that time you noticed things about him; the way he wore that anxious smile whenever he was around or when he would look at the ground as if contemplating what words to use when speaking with you. he was very sweet and polite, sometimes a bit awkward, but that added a kind of charm to him. you thought he was cute.

you remembered the day he asked you, the look on his face and the way he would excessively rub the nape of his neck as he did. it was just outside school, right after the bell had rung and all the students including yourself had rushed out the doors to finally go back home after a long day. you almost walked past him if he hadn't spoken your name loud enough to hear from the chatter of the other students around you.

"y/n!" he called out to you with one hand extended upward and the other holding onto his backpack strap.

you looked over your shoulder, an automatic grin forming on your lips, you walk over to him, "hey, what's up?"

"i wanted to ask you something, you know how the winter semi-formal is coming up soon?" tim speaks in a low voice. He kept his head bent low with his hand on the back of his neck, his gaze flickering from your eyes to the ground constantly. "i was wondering if you wanted to come with me."

at that moment it was if all the other students and their voices came to a rest. this was the first time something like this happened, someone asked you to a dance. usually you did the best you could to avoid going to such places, feeling overwhelmed by it's wild, extroverted atmosphere. it always left you feeling trapped and suffocated. it felt like a cage that you desperately wanted to escape from. but maybe, just maybe, with tim it wouldn't be so bad. right?

you release a nervous chuckle, giving a small nod, "um, yeah. sure."

your nerves got to you and you stood there frozen, especially embarrassed at your answer. damn, i'm awkward as hell. if only you could take it back and answer it differently, preferably a lot more natural and with confidence.

and yet, despite the fear that your answer was lacking, tim gave a wide, unfiltered smile. "really? that's great! see you then."

you nod your head with a smile mirrored on your lips, "can't wait!"

that was the last word you said before you both parted ways, you walked to school on your own while tim had a driver waiting in a sleek, black rolls-royce to drive him home. he was the son of bruce wayne, the billionaire and owner of wayne enterprises, needless to say walking home with him was never much of an option. though it would have been nice, allowing you more of an insight of him as you both talked on your way home. it wasn't possible but one can dream, can't they?