Chapter Eleven: Charity Frustrations

I let out a sigh as I walk out of work. Exhausted as I am, I was excited for a nice, relaxing weekend. Emphasis on was. On Fridays, I get out of work at noon and go home to start my weekend with Tom. I had told him that this weekend I had Monday off so we had a three day weekend, which made him happy. We had almost reached two months together, so we wanted to plan to go out to dinner and celebrate. Until he comes running over to me the night before with the biggest smile on his face.

"(Y/N)!" Tom jumps over the couch with his phone in his hand, landing next to me.

"Tom!" I yell back, smiling.

"You have a three day weekend-" He beams.

"I do, what does that have to do with anything?"

"We got an invite for a charity event in Atlanta, well I did, but I'm bringing you since you're my wife, but it's a big, fancy dinner on Friday. Then they are having like a family carnival thing on Saturday, and-"

"Tom," I put my hand over his, "I still have to work tomorrow, who will take care of Tess if we are gone-"

"I have that covered. Since Haz got invited as well, without a plus one which was odd, Emily offered to stay the weekend."

"I don't even own anything that is remotely fancy enough for that-"

"Then let's go out and buy something!" Tom shoots up and begins to pull on my hand, making me laugh.

"Hon, it's ten-thirty at night. I am exhausted." I state, giggling at his excitable antics.

"I really want you to come with me." He pouts.

"I know you do! I can see it!" I say, slightly swinging our intertwined hands.

"What if I bought you something?" He plays with my fingers after stopping our swaying, "A couple of things, that way you can pick and we can still go."

"You would have to take someone with you-"

"I may have already talked to Emily and Jamie..." He looks at me through his lashes.

I sigh and nod. "Did you already buy plane tickets?" He nods excitedly, I sigh again, giving in. "Fine, but you have to remember that I have been working all week. I don't know how long I will be able to last you tomorrow."

"We won't stay late, I promise." He looks at me with so much affection. I let him pull me from my place on the couch and let him drag me to our room.

I pull my cell phone out of my bag to see what I had to still worry about when I got home. I notice that Tom had sent several texts earlier today.

Current Husband

Why are there so many choices?

I'm glad I am not here by myself

Correction, Emily and Jamie have disappeared.

People are giving me funny looks, help.

Found Emily

An image is attached, it's a picture of Emily holding about seven dresses in her arms, flipping him off

She asked me what colors you look good in and I said all of them

She said that doesn't help her.

Found Jamie

An image of Jamie holding another five dresses smiling at the camera