Chapter 3 - I don't care

POV (Y/N)

Finally it's the end of the day. I'm a little pissed at this school and that's only one day. This school is only based on prejudices and rumors about everyone and everything.

'Be careful not to get in her way'

'Are you sure she would go that far? '

'She is very composed in appearance'

'Well. She did raise the tone on Elaine'

Again? So it never ends?

I trace my way through the hallway as many students retreat from before me as I move forward.

I just want to go back to my apartment ...

As I get to the school gates, I see a familiar figure. This person seems to have his way blocked by two other people.

I should have doubted. It is sure that a cripple is the target of everything.

I walk behind John silently ...

POV John

What are doing (Y/N) here? She isn't supposed to be there!!

I can't believe that it's been two years since we didn't speak or even see ... I think back to our last conversation, I feel guilty for not having the strength to retain her, for not try to convince her to stay.

Flashback (2 years ago)

"You will be killed if you embark on this madness! "

"You don't have to dictate my life !! I can choose what I want to do with it !! "

"Do you hear  yourself?! You thought what impact will it have on me and dad ?! Are you gonna leave us like this ?! "

"If it allows me to protect what remains of my family ... I will do it"

"Did you tell dad...? "

"No ... you'll have do it"

She takes her bags and goes to the door

"If ... If you go through that door, you'll never be able to come back ..."

She stops. She turns to tell me ...

"It's my goal" she said weakly, smiling sadly as tears form in her eyes

"Take care of yourself John, I hope you find your way. I want your good and dad's " she says quietly while avoiding my eyes again

"(Y/N) ... Think about it ..."

"If we ever see each other, give me that promise ____"

End of Flashback

Her departure marked me so much. I was angry the day after she left.

I remember ... how bad her departure was. I had just recovered from what had happened in New Bostin and the fact that my sister runaway brought me back to my state of depression.

I could have stopped her from leaving and yet I didn't try more than that.

I see now what we have become ... We are like strangers ... Never again can we return to our past days ...

I am so in my thoughts that I don't pay attention to where I walk and bump into someone.

"Look what we got"

"Would not it be Johnny? "

Of course that it needed to be them. Missing just this to make my day worst ... Did I mention that I hate living on school ground?