chapter three

you wake up with only a slight headache as you roll over in bed to check your phone. the time reads 12:34 pm. you have to be to work at 1:30. Better start getting ready now.

~~~~~~

you arrive to work and set your purse down as you remember you needed to sort that box of records. You pick it up and get to work. About 30 minutes in, your phone dings. you take it out of your back pocket and it reads

Unknown:
hey, it's Sammy. just woke up, how are you feeling?

you:
hey! I'm doing well, I'm at work today.

a few minutes later he responds.

Sammy:
so about that hike.. I was thinking tomorrow morning? I'll pick you up? be ready by 5:30am.. I wanna watch the sunrise ;)

you:
alright, sounds good to me!!

you continue to text throughout the day. He's even charming over text. I wonder if he considers tomorrow a date? You don't ask.

it's about 5:30 and you're getting ready to close up shop when you hear the door jingle and a familiar voice say "hello, gorgeous." You turn around to see the one and only, Samuel Kiszka. Before you can manage to get anything out he says "I was thinking I could take you home, but first I wanna buy a record I saw the other day." he walks over and flicks through a few before finding it, and pulls it out. Muddy Waters, god he really must be a perfect boy. You grew up listening to Muddy Waters, your grandparents played it through an old record player just about every time you were there. "You like Muddy Waters?" "Of course I do, anyone who doesn't has no taste in music" you laugh at that and nod your head. he hands you the record as you ring it up. "Seven dollars. I would give it to you for free, but then I'd get fired" "no, no, it's okay. I understand" he says and flashes you that smile as he hands you some cash. You hand the record to him and say "gotta get my purse and then we can go" he nods as you take the now empty box to the back room. you walk out and he turns on his heels to open the door for you, and then you're off.

you get home and make yourself some dinner, and then you sit on the couch and watch some TV. you doze off for a while and then go to your bed and set your alarm. next thing you know, you're out.

~~~~~~~

you wake to your alarm, it's 5:01 am. Jesus, you think to yourself as you roll out of bed. you make some eggs and put on some running shorts and a cool Colorado t-shirt you found thrifting. you pair it with your hiking shoes and tie your hair up out of your face. you sit and browse through social media when you see Sammy requested to follow you. you immediately accept and start to look at his photos. before you know it, there's a knock at your door.

"Hey" he says as you open it wide for him to come in as you rinse your plate off and grab your phone and wallet. "Hi. we're gonna go to this one trail that leads to a waterfall. we can swim if you're into spontaneity" "hell yeah! I was hoping you'd take me somewhere with water" he says and smiles. "Alright, since you said you wanted to watch the sunrise we can hike to the top of the waterfall. it's pretty tall." You say. "Sounds good to me. lead the way" he says as you both walk out the door.

~~~~~~

it's 5:45 as you get to the beginning of the trail and it's still mostly dark outside. You get started and make it to the waterfall in no time. Now you both just sit there and wait, talking about anything and everything. Then, it happens. The sun cracks through the tree line and slowly the whole world comes to life right before your eyes. Sammy reached for your hand sometime during this and is now holding it tightly as you both watch, not a word from either of you. then, Sammy speaks. "I really feel like I should kiss you right now" you turn to him and he's staring right at you. "Really?" You ask. "Uh-huh" he says and leans in closer so that your lips can touch. He pulls away after a couple seconds and smiles once he sees the grin you're giving him. "I think I messed up, let's try it again one more time just to be sure" he says with a smirk. you kiss once again and then he says "let's go swimming" you hike down the trail to the point where you could easily get in the water. You take your clothes off to reveal a bathing suit and he takes his shirt off. next thing you know, he's pushing you in another body of water. Man, this will never get old.

~~~~~~~

You're walking down the trail with his hand in yours, he's now your boyfriend. he asked right after he pushed you in. you couldn't be any happier than you were right at that very moment, thinking to yourself how did I get so lucky? Looking at his golden locks shine in the sun.

{(a/n) hi guys!! I hope you're enjoying it so far, and I promise there's more to come, this story will be about 10-15 parts long. And I promise you it's not always going to be rainbows and sunshine ;) }