Chapter 24 Bubble Bath

Keith and Shiro waited for Lance and Allura by the bar. Keith was drinking from a flask that his father had given him for his birthday (it had been in his mailbox at home), silver with constellations etched into it and Shiro had a vodka tonic. Keith didn't know what he'd do when he saw Lance, but he knew that bursting into tears wasn't an option. He was still thinking back to Lance's dance, still amazed.

The dancers started walking into the foyer, less crowded now because a lot of the attendees had left after the recital, and Shiro and Keith sat up straighter, looking for their significant others in the wave of dancers. Keith recognized all of the acts walking by, several of them still wearing their costumes from the last act, which had been amazing. The entire cast had come onstage and done a modern version of the last dance in 'A Chorus Line', complete with dazzling gold short shorts, fishnets, and tiny top hats. The eye-high kicks were Keith's favorite, and Lance even had a solo in the middle, which was pretty cool.

Allura spotted the two first, then dragged Lance over to the bar with her, sporting a black mini-dress and a large floppy witch hat. Her hair was regaining some of its curls as she bounced up to Shiro. Lance, in his fourth outfit of the evening, was wearing his Harley Quinn outfit as promised: a long-sleeved crop top, half black and half red, and then leggings that were the opposite, both with scattered patterns of the suit of diamonds everywhere. Lance's lips were black and his hair was damp, but brown again. Keith assumed that he had washed the paint out of it.

Keith smiled broadly at Lance, pulling him in by his waist. "You were amazing out there. I'm... so impressed." He kissed Lance on the cheek, not wanting to smudge his boyfriend's lipstick.

"Thank you," Lance said happily, hands on Keith's shoulders as he leaned into him, sighing. "I'm pretty tired, but a few shots should fix that. What did you think of my solo?" The couple ignored Shiro and Allura sucking face next to them as Lance hopped into the stool next to Keith's. Keith remembered his bouquet.

"I thought it was incredible. You're really talented, love." Keith pulled out the flowers and handed them to Lance, who buried his nose in the purple petals. He ordered a shot of whiskey for Lance and pushed a $10 on the table for the bartender.

"I'm glad you liked it. The flip was a little scary, so I'm glad I landed it." Keith nodded vigorously. The two chatted together until Shiro and Allura had stopped their make-out session, and then the four talked together with Allura sitting on Shiro's lap, his arms wrapped around her stomach. Shiro went to the snack table, returning with a mountain of sugar-filled sweets and punch, and the group took turns trying weird combinations, including mini hot dogs with frosting, ketchup on cupcakes, and pretzels soaked in punch. It was disgusting but good at the same time, and the drunken DJ cranked the music a little too loud, making the group have to shout at each other to get their words across.

Keith stepped back after his flask was half-way done- Shiro and Allura could take a cab home, but he had to drive Lance on his motorcycle. It was actually pretty funny to see Lance so drunk because he was the giggly kind of drunk, all smiles and kissing Keith on his ears and nose, leaving black smudges everywhere. At one point, Lance challenged Shiro to an arm-wrestling match, and after putting in a half-decent effort, nearly fell off his stool in defeat as Shiro easily pushing his wrist to the bar. Scrambling up to his feet, Lance pressed his palms into Shiro's pectoral's, eyes wide. Keith felt a flare of jealousy flare through his veins and his eye twitched.

"You're ROCK SOLID, Shiro." Lance squeaked, promptly punching Shiro in the stomach. To Keith's shock and immense relief, Shiro didn't even flinch, he just looked down at his stomach, then lifted up his shirt to modestly reveal a toned six-pack. Keith instinctively flexed his own stomach, self-consciously pushing his fingertips into his stomach to feel the hard surface. Allura was looking between him and her boyfriend, a small smile on her lips. Lance was now trying to push Shiro out of his seat, and failing miserably as Shiro just sat there, like a tall, hot rock with a bleached swatch of hair. Curiously out of breath, Lance finally slumped against Shiro, shouting over the music, "Concede defeat, sir! You have been conquered!" Keith broke into laughter as Lance's voice cracked on the 'conquered', and Lance was too drunk to be embarrassed.