EPISODE 1

"Praise the Lord Sister Joy!" Someone shouted out to Joy who was passing by the student mess from the classes singing a familiar Christian song "Liseme, liseme". "Amen my bother" Joyce replied cheerfully to the greeting. Another "Praise the Lord Sister Joy" followed from someone a little ahead among a group of men sited along the walk way. Before she could respond another one "Praise the Lord" followed from someone in the same group. Joyce decided to stop and shake the hands of the group of five.

"Yesterday I was blessed with your song at the ... Sagini Hall!" One of them managed to say.

"No in the CU church" another one corrected him as the other laughed at him for saying something he was not sure of.

"You mean at the Sunday service?" Joyce asked him to which he nodded. "Though today is Wednesday and I never sang last Sunday"

He looked away shameful as his friends laughed at his poor attempt to lie to a devoted CU member like Joyce. He was saying something he had heard some students in his Hostel saying as they praised the fiery first year lady.

"You didn't have to tell him the truth Joy" Another added as they laughed again.

"No its okay my brothers" Joyce assured them. "My brothers when the spirit of truth enter you, you will lie no more nor will you use lies to extract the truth."

All this time one of the students was lost in examining the long dress which Joyce wore. The dress was big and long enough to sweep through as she walked. When she climbed the staircase she had hold it on one hand to avoid stepping on giving the impression of a bride.

"Would you mind introducing yourselves please since you already know me" Joyce asked them politely.

"I am Jaymo, he is PK, then this quite one is Oti, this one is Joe and the one who greeted you first is Galgalo" One of them who appeared to be elderly introduced them all.

Galgalo was not even a Christian as he was trying to portray himself. He was Muslim who liked the company of spoilt brats like Oti, PK, Jaymo and Joe. He liked to take the advantage of his friends whenever they met at lunch time or even after classes. Whenever a lady passed by them he was the first to attack her with whatever phrase came into his mind. On this particular day he happened to hear someone who was definitely a devoted CU family shout "Praise the Lord" to a first lady whom he didn't know. Fortunately enough the person included the name of this beautiful lady and his mind could not help relate the name with a story he had heard about her. Some two first years had been talking last week about how some 'Sister Immaculate' was making CU serviced lively with her songs. Jaymo who seemed to be like the leader of the group remained quite most the time and often spoke when the rest could not talk on behalf of the group. While Joe became active when money was the subject of a discussion, Oti who had bulging muscles because of the body building exercise he took daily liked talking about fights while PK was a politician and a skimmer.

"It was nice to meet you brothers" Joyce said trying to show them she was in a hurry. "Wait!" PK said quickly. Then he stood up from his seat with one hand in the pocket and another adjusting his untacked shirt faced Joyce. Joyce could not find any clue from his face.

"What is it?" She asked. PK opened his mouth but said nothing.

"PK I know you want her, just take her number and you can Whatsapp her later." Galgalo quickly suggested when PK seemed like he had run out of words. Joe and Jaymo laughed softly.

"Who asked you for your opinion spoilt kid? Am trying to confronting Woman of God and here you are suggesting silly things" PK protested angrily.

"What is it My Brother" Joyce asked tyring to look understanding though she was getting impatient.