Writing tips #1-10

1. CHECK YOUR GRAMMAR AND SPELLING
I get that English may not be your first language and respect that but it's always a good idea to go back and double check and not only make sure you have no spelling mistakes but also to make sure your story runs smoothly!

2. WRITE THE STORY ON ANOTHER PLATFORM
By this I mean like Google docs or Microsoft word so you can use the spell check tool to make finding mistakes easier! This also can allow you to reference your previous chapters to make sure you don't have any plot holes!

3. DON'T POST A/NS AS CHAPTERS
Unless it is important enough to need its own page (meaning like putting the story on hold or discontinuing the story.) I would recommend putting a/ns at the beginning or ends of chapters so that you still get your point across without putting in unnecessary chapters.

4. DON'T PUT TAGS IN YOUR STORY.
Instead I would recommend making a separate book for taggs.

5. THINK ABOUT YOUR STORY AS THE READER
This one may seem stupid but you have to think about what the readers are seeing most readers (who I know) look for a book that is easier to read with the proper spelling and grammar.

6. CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM
Ask yourself the question "will they understand what I'm writing?" If you aren't sure if your readers will, ask someone who you trust to give an honest opinion to read through it and give you constructive criticism. This can not only help you make your story better but allows you to get feedback before you even post it.

7. WRITE THE OUTLINE OF THE STORY BEFOREHAND
By this I mean just a general outline you want to follow before working on full chapters. This allows you to get the story to flow better.

8. WRITE WHEN YOU CAN
Try to improve your writing skills when you can and draw inspiration from the world around you

9. TRY TO MAKE SMART DECISIONS
With characters being faced with a problem and or challenge try to think of it logically. Like if a character is trying to hide some injury they have received think about it like that character. If they have a cut on their arm don't have them lie about some cooking accident when it would be almost impossible to do that (depending on where the cut is) instead think about what excuse you would use realistically, see if it works with that character (like if they're clumsy or something), see if it works for the setting they are in, and if it just works with your plot.

10. GIVE YOURSELF BREAKS
Self care is important and if you are having a writer's block take a break and let your mind recover. Your mental health matters more than a upload schedule. Overexerting yourself can also lead to the chapters being not as enjoyable for both you and the reader. I'm sure people would rather have you feeling full of creative potential and have a chapter you are proud of rather than a chapter that you felt drained while making.

Take care of yourself.