It Can't Be...

Edits: September 17th

When they landed, Alex was the first one out of the jet. She stretched, happy to be out in the open.

"This is it, Joey. This where I work. Part-time anyway. What'd you think?"

"Kinda lame, to be honest."

Alex snorted.

"It is, isn't it?"

The two walked inside, and headed to find Fury. Alex wasn't the only one that was angry with Fury. Joey was angry that SHIELD couldn't just let his mother retire. She had given her life to fight for her country, and all she ever got was semi-retirement. When they found Fury, it took all he had not to punch the man.

"Fury! Exactly what in the hell do you think that you're dragging my son into, huh? I get it if you need my help, but in no way, am I letting you drag my son and godson into this! Hasn't my family given enough service?"

"I realize that. But this is serious. We need as many hands as possible."

"Oh, and I suppose you want Miss America to help as well? Well tough shit. You bastards have taken enough from me."

Joey pulled his mother away from Fury, before anything else was said.

"Mom, I know you're angry. But you need to think about this. If you do this, and the good guys win, it'll fuel the fire of patriotism in the people. They need it now, more than ever. Some more than ever."

Alex sighed.

"I know. But I'm tired of giving. All I've ever done is give, and give, and give. For once, I want someone else to give."

"I know. I know that better than anyone else. But you should do this. If it helps, I'll be right there with you."

Alex couldn't stop the flash of nolstalgia.

"If there ever was a time for you to sound like your dad, it's now. He used to say the same thing."

Joey smiled a little bit. He moved to go talk to Fury, and froze.

"Sweetheart, what's wrong?"

"Uh...mom? You might want to turn around."

Confused, Alexandra did so. If she would've been holding something, it surely would've dropped to the ground. She walked over to Steve, not believing her eyes.

"Steve?"

.......

In the fight with Loki, Alex lost her focus. Which normally would keep her...abilities, under control. A giant pair, of Eagle wings, sprouted from her back. She used them to flog Loki, and knock him to the ground.

"Stay down!" She yelled, flaring her wings out.

"Not likely..."

The two fought some more, before Tony arrived and ended the fight. Alex folded her wings against her back, ignoring the soreness, and stinging sensation. She strapped Loki to his seat, and put cuffs on him before the jet took off.

"I can't believe he's alive. No, scratch that. What I can't believe, is that Fury never told me!" Alex said, her wings twitching in annoyance.

"I'm not that surprised. Fury's secrets probably have secrets." Joey said.

Alex sighed, and nodded in agreement. She looked over at her brother, wanting nothing more than to hug him and never let go. Joey opened his mouth to tell her to, when something landed on the jet.

"What was that? One of your lackies?" She asked Loki.

"Something much worse."

Tony opened the hatch, letting in a blond man wearing armor. The man used his weapon to knock Tony off his feet. He yanked Loki out of his seat, and flew out of the jet. Without hesitation, Alex went after the two. Deeply regretting that she left her comfy bed.