The Proposal

Ever since Roy Mustang became Furher, his subordinates thought he would finally make his tiny miniskirts dream come true. But it was now months after his rise to power, and that ridiculous rule was nowhere in sight. But Mustang had other things on his mind, especially finding someone to be by his side, and he was fairly sure he knew where to start.

Rizas POV
(All POV changes brought to you by tiny miniskirts)

Geez, I just wanted to spend some time with Rebecca before she left. You know, peacefully. But now she's nagging me about my love life, and I can't escape.

"Riza! Are you even listening? I said that now that things have settled down you need to get a man!" Rebecca was practically yelling at me by this point, "Can't you at least try!?"

"Rebecca, I've already told the only man I need is Black Hayate. But, if it will get you off my back, I guess I can try dating."

"Awesome! Good Luck! Oh look at that, I have to leave bye!"

Her goodbye was way to early. She told me she didn't have to be anywhere for another hour. But I have something else to worry about now.

I need to find a man who won't brush me off to the side or treat me badly. I need to be able to trust him, especially with my tattoo, and I need him to understand me. So I try to start thinking of people, and only one person comes to mind. There's no way he could love me though, I'm not good enough for him.

But of course, I look up to see that man walking towards me.

Roys POV

I had decided that it was time to confess to the love of my life. I decided that I would go ahead and propose. I didn't think it would be a problem because we've known each other for a really long time, and haven't really left each other's side since. But if she isn't ready for anything like that, I'll wait as long as she needs.

So, after getting a simple engagement ring, I set off to find her, and push the scenarios of her rejecting me to the back of my mind. I think she mentioned something about going out to lunch with a friend, I don't know where though.

Finally, as I was walking by a cafe, I found her looking at me. "Hello Riza."

3rd Person POV

Riza snapped out of her daze when Roy talked to her.

"Oh, uh, hello sir."

"Where's Rebecca?"

"She just left sir."

"Would you walk with me?"

"Sure sir."

Roy and Riza walked down the street towards the park. Riza gasped in surprise when Roy grabbed her hand and pulled her to a blossoming tree.

"Riza, I have something to tell you." Roy said before taking a shaky breath. Riza looked slightly confused, but nodded and waited for him to continue.

"Riza, I've come to realize that I love you."

"Sir..."

"You are the smartest, most beautiful woman I've ever met and I can't imagine my life without you. So," Roy got down on one knee, took out the ring, and looked up into Rizas widening eyes, "Will you marry me? I can't wait as long as you need to."

Riza had no idea how to react. She looked around to see if her superior was talking to anyone else, but he wasn't. She didn't know anyone felt this way about her, but she was happy that he returned her feelings.

"Roy, I, yes!" Riza said as she tackle hugged Roy. Roy was a little startled by her sudden hug, but he quickly returned it. A few moments later he gently pushed Riza away from him and slid the ring onto her ring finger.

Roy then pulled Riza back towards him and kissed her. After Riza realized what was happening, she kissed him back.

After a few moments they pulled apart, and Riza rested her heading Roys shoulder while Roy wrapped his arms around her.

"I love you Riza."

"I love you too Roy."

And with that, Roy had his queen.

Afterwords

When Havoc, Fuery, Falman, Breda, Armstrong, and Hughes found out that Roy had gotten rid of fraternization laws and gotten engaged to Riza, they flipped.

Havoc was pretty much tackling Roy, Falman and Breda were yelling, Fuery was yelling about his OTP being Canon, and Armstrong and Hughes we're hugging each other and crying (Armstrong was sparkling obviously).

While all of this was happening Riza was able to remove herself from the room without anyone noticing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

YES HUGHES IS ALIVE IN THIS I LOVE HIM TOO MUCH TO LEAVE HIM OUT.

I love these two so much. I just was thinking about different ways they could get together around two am and I got this idea and started writing. I'm glad I was able to get this done, I've been wanting to do something like this for a while. I'm planning on writing more of these, but I don't know when they'll be done.

Speaking of Royai, I'm also writing a fanfic! It's called You Are My Fire and I'm really excited about it (thanks for the idea Kenny!)! Again, I don't know when it will be up, but I'm gonna work on it, this, and Nightfall.

Also, if anyone as any suggestions/requests for these please let me know and I'll do my best to make them happen.

さようなら!