thirteen

t h a l i a

everything just came crashing down on me at once, all of my memories rushing out into my mind. my beautiful daughter who used her magic to great use had aged so well, yet only to find her dead on the floor by my feet, at the hands of her own father. i couldn't handle the pain. so i turned it all off.

"thalia, don't do it!" stefan yelled, but it was too late.

"much better." i exhaled. "i'm really hungry. anyone want to grab a bite with me? if not, i'll go alone."

a moment of silence passed and already i was gone like the wind. i couldn't look back now, otherwise everything would just come rushing back at me all at once, and that's the last thing i want.

s t e f a n

"god, klaus, could you have been any more reckless? what were you thinking?"

"how the bloody hell was i supposed to actually know that this was my daughter?" klaus asked rhetorically. "vampires do not procreate! it's simply impossible!"

"niklaus?" elijah called, who had just arrived as well. "a word outside, please."

the brothers walked outside and not too long after, there was a loud crash. taking a glance the rough the door, i find elijah having thrown klaus into the wall.

"stefan, are you even listening?" rebekah asked me.

"what?" my head shot up. "sorry, say that again."

"a while back, i remember thalia telling me a story about some hotline." rebekah said. "i forget the name of it, something to do with heartache—"

"the heartbroken hotline." i say. "what about it?"

"when did thalia say she's ever used it?" rebekah asked.

"only if her humanity was ever shut off— that's it."

"what the hell is the heartbroken hotline?" elena asked.

"i'm so glad you asked." rebekah clapped. "when thalia and i first met, we came up with the idea of the heartbroken hotline. the heartbroken hotline was a certain set of numbers that we would dial done any available phone to some sort of sponsor. the sponsor was a set of sired vampires whom we coped with. our pains and troubles were confided within these individuals."

"and although she was compelled to forget..."

"this was something she never seemed to." rebekah finished.

"the vampires were those who rebekah turned over the years, it was all her sireline." i stated. "since thalia vowed to not kill a single vampire, none of them are part of hers. the vampires are ones who have actually met thalia over time."

"i've actually kept up on her that way." rebekah says. "i never had a sister, she was all i had. niklaus took that away from me."

"pardon the interruption, but niklaus and i need to make way to new orleans after returning to mystic falls." elijah says, walking into the warehouse.

"i've got to call damon anyways." i sighed, barging out of the warehouse.

if thalia kills one person, we're all screwed. everything she's ever stood for up until this very moment in time will be absolutely demolished, and there won't be any way to turn back.