Part Three

Dear Anika,

I know its been a long time since we have spoke. I guess I was so busy trying to live my dreams that I forgot the people that helped me get there.
I have a manager, his name is Kaali, and it took me way to long to realise he was abusing me and that his actions were wrong- I guess it was a case of his words being exactly what I would say to myself in my head.
He was the living version of the demons I fight in my head, and walking away from that was just to difficult.
I really do plan on starting afresh, and I can't apologise enough for how I left things with you when I moved away.

You were and always have been family to me, even when I got adopted and you didnt, you stuck by my side and im sorry I failed to do that for you.
I hope you're happy with Shivaay, I heard you're engaged now, congratulations! Im so sorry I wasn't around for that.

This letter isnt asking for forgiveness for my actions, its just an apology and im just saying hi. I love you, and I miss you and if by any chance you feel the same, then please contact me, im home now, im home where I belong.
Love, Gauri.

Anika smiled softly as she read the letter, she had missed Gauri, a lot. More than she would like to admit, and she understood that dreams needed to be lived. But time had changed, and she wasn't sure if she could make herself face Gauri again.

She stood up, walking toward the mirror and stroked her pale cheek. Anika's hand shook as she touched her balding scalp. She jumped as Shivaay wrapped his arms around her waist

"You have to tell her, before it's too late" he whispered, kissing her cheek

Anika shook her head "She's already lost so much, what's the point of returning to her life if ill just leave it again soon"

XXX

Gauri clapped as Omkara finished his speech. He stepped down from the stage, walking toward her

"Im so proud of you Omkara, I know I wasn't the only one in this room with tears in my eyes" she smiled, kissing his cheek

Omkara smiled "Shall we go get some food"

Gauri nodded "That sounds great" then as she turned, her eyes darkened. "You" she spat out, going to walk forward when Omkara's fingers wrapped around her wrist, stopping her

"Omkara, please, I just want to talk" his mother cried "Please"

He sighed, then walked over "I dont think theres anything left to say"

Her face crumpled "There is, im sorry, sorry for not believing you, you're my son, you should have come first, but I never listened, I didnt want to believe that anyone could be that evil, and when you needed your mother the most, I wasn't there" she raised her hands "Gauri, you have been a blessing to my son, supporting him more than any of us ever could, and I dont expect you to welcome me back with open arms, just know that I believe you and i'm sorry"

Omkara's face fell "Sorry, you're sorry, for what, leaving me, sending me away, calling me a liar, telling me I am weak, disowning me, theres many things, what are you actually sorry for"

"All of them, Omkara I"

"No, don't, somethings are to far gone, somethings you just cant apologise for, somethings cannot be forgiven, when I needed you, you were not there, when I" he paused, his voice breaking "When I needed a mother, you became my enemy, dont come to me now because youve finally realised you were wrong, I begged you for years, but you never even batted an eyelid at me"

Then he was dragging Gauri away, out of the building so fast she nearly tripped.
"Omkara, slow down, Omkara" she shouted making him stop

His breathing was fast, his eyes teary, all of his pain at the forefront once again, the acknowledgment he had seeked for so many years had finally came, but to many years to late

"Its okay Omkara, its okay to be hurt about this, you dont always have to be strong, I know I haven't been around, and that wasn't fair, but I am here now, please dont shut all of those emotions in, we can get through this together"

XXX

Omkara opened the door to see Shivaay. "Omkara, can I speak with you, alone"

He nodded "Sure, Gauri is asleep, ill come outside"

Omkara leaned against his car, brushing his hand through his hair stressfully, Omkara noted the dark circles underneath his eyes as he glanced up at him

"Anika got Gauri's letter, im here to ask you that Gauri doesnt contact Anika again"

Omkara raised his brow "Really, why"

Shivaay shook his head "Anika has moved on in her life, she doesnt want to be around Gauri anymore, im sorry"

Omkara reached out, putting his hand on Shivaay's shoulder "Is everything okay man"

Shivaay looked up shocked that he had initated physical contact "Yeah" he paused "Yeah, it is"

Gauri opened the door and came out "I was sleeping, im so sorry, I just woke up, Omkara why didnt you wake me up" then she paused, her brows furrowing "Where's Anika"

"Come on Gauri, lets go back inside, Shivaay just came by to say that Anika is well, just busy at the moment" he wrapped an arm around her waist

She pulled away "No, no she isnt just busy, she wont speak to me, is she angry, is that why she's sent you and not come herself, Shivaay please" she begged

He swallowed painfully "Im sorry Gauri, she just isnt interested in being your friend right now"

"What, why, does she need time to think, that's fine, I have all the time in the world, ill always wait for her, you know that" she assured

"But Anika couldnt wait for you, she doesnt have that time" then he opened his car door and got in, driving away

Gauri looked up at Omkara "What did he mean by that, Anika is okay, isnt she" her voice wavered as she watched his car drive away

Omkara looked on silently, Shivaay's reaction playing on his mind

Many questions I know, but Gauri+Omkara will not just be able to forget their trauma and move ahead in life.
They are stronger and they have moved forward but it isnt easy to fight your demons! This part of the story is going to be quite symbolic in terms of the things in life that it's too late for!

Again, thanks for all the love, I appreciate it so much!