Chapter 4: Midnight Shire

Hiiiiii I'm back.... So I'm in love with a Oc warriorcatlover12345 had sent me. I'll enjoy writing this chapter a lot.

Jimber POV:

As I try and lay down Will pulls back on the reigns and pulls my head up. I step a few steps back and come to a abrupt stop. Making Will fall forward in the saddle. Which makes land him on my neck. I hear Will sigh as he just sits on my neck.

"Will are you alright"? Katie asks worriedly. "Yeah, thankfully I cleared saddle". Will reply's to Katie as he slides off my neck and jumps back into the saddle.

Major and I start walking to the barn until we come across a creek. Its shallow enough to go through so Will simply had me trot over it. He turns back to watch Katie and Major cross over. I watch as Major spooks and bucks Katie into the creek. I back up a few steps as Will jumps from the saddle. He rushes over towards Katie and pulls out of the lake.

I see Major run off back to the forest. I gallop after him and soar over the creek. I chase after him at my fastest run. The stirrups hitting against me lifelessly as I chase after Major. I finally race ahead and stop dead front of him. He try's to come a quick halt skidding he finally stops when his muzzle is barely touching my stomach.

"What do you think your doing". Major growls at me. "Stopping you from running away". I snort back as I rear.

Major starts running back to the direction we came from. I chase after him trees brushing past me as I hear the clank of stirrups. I gallop hard to keep up with him. The lake, Will and Katie come into my view. Major comes to a quick halt and I steer away quickly. Too quick to where I fall onto the ground. I see Katie grab Major quickly and run over towards me while Will is already by my side. I move to where I'm not flat on my side but still laying down. I feel fine so I stand up. Will stands up with me when I'm up. He looks at me all over walks, and trots me in circles and comes to the conclusion that I'm fine. He still has a worried expression though but slowly fades until there's a small smile.

Will slowly gets on me while I'm at a standstill. Katie walks Major over the creek while I trot over it. Once Major is over the creek and on the other side I see Katie get back on Major. She gives Major a small kick and starts he moving.
------
Once we're back at the barn, Katie and Sarah start chatting about how to train Major to not spook as much on trail rides or in the end find a new thing for Major. Major won't be staying long and I've already made a bad impression on him I think. As I'm in my stall Button starts talking to me.

"So I'm hearing you had to chase after one of the best horses because he was scared of a little water". Button says, since Katie and Sarah took Major out to the paddock. "Not exactly but I guess I'd put it that way too". I say not looking up as I'm munching on my hay.

"Anyways there's going to be another horse staying at Horseland but not just for training. To actually stay here". Button tells me as I look at her from my stall. "I wonder who". I question Since I haven't been to any competitions.

"I know I wonder to I just hope there a little more the Major". Button nickers.

"Heh, yeah I guess your right about that".

Button and I talk for a while until I notice the sun setting. Since we've only been talking since late afternoon. We both enjoy the view we from are stalls. Sundust is lucky since her owner likes to take her out of the barn to enjoy the sunset. Will sometimes tosses extra treats or food in my stall for me.

Since it's getting late I decide to curl up in my stall and go to sleep. Button does the same as well.
------

It's early in the morning when I'm a woken to the sound of a truck nearing the barn. Two dogs and a cat run in probably the person who's staying here run in the barn. It's starting to rain so there probably seeking shelter.

A girl soon leads a tall and sleek looking horse into the barn, both now soaked since its pouring outside now. They both seem happy despite being soaked by the rain. Who was supposedly outside I'm assuming since he's wet is now helping the girl and horse get situated.

Once the girl and Will get the horse into the stall they head outside and along with a bunch of Horseland members including Katie. I hear Chili and Pepper making snarky comments the new horse. The new horse looks kind of shy. But she does introduce herself.

"Well um, I'm Midnight and I'm obviously new here. I'd like to get to know you all sometime". Midnight says kind of quietly.

"Well I'm Jimber". I say then it's followed up by the others.

"Well it's very nice to meet you". Scarlet and Calypso say in almost unison.

"Hello". Major mutters.

"Hi, I'm Aztec and it's very nice meet you. I hope we could get know each other". Aztec says excitedly.

"Ugh, I'm Chili it's way better then a commoner name like yours". Chili groans.

"I'm Pepper, nice to meet you". Pepper sarcastically says the last part.

"I hope I'm not late to the conversation, I'm Sunburst".

After each of the horses introduced themselves except Major to Midnight.

Angora and Shep soon come from there hiding places and introduce themselves to the new dogs and cat. Button and I start talking to each other again as Will and the new girl finish unpacking the tack. I hear Will call the girl Ash. So assumably her name is Ash. She walks over to my stall and she's holding an apple. I stick my head out of the stall and try getting at the apple in her hand. She gives me the apple and strokes my neck. She's really nice.

When I finish my apple I nuzzle Ash. She scratches under my chin which feels great. I nuzzle her some more looking for anymore apples.

Ash looks towards Will. "You've got a nice horse" Ash says sweetly. "Yeah, but I think he's taken Sundusts ways of not liking a saddle. It be fine with me but he likes to throw me off the saddle". Will reply's to Ash's comment. "So your a naughty horse". Ash says a voice you'd use to talk to a baby. I gave a small snort at that.
----------- --------------
Hope you enjoyed the chapter.