First Day of Fresh Hell

I have no idea when I might post but I will try another chapter this week . Twice a week? Sounds good .

Edited & Rewritten: 03/07/21

Enjoy!

_____________________________

Butters

He told me his name is Kyle.

This kid with frizzy, red curls and a green hat-the one that helped me get back on my two feet after I accidentally walked right into him and knocked myself over. I probably have a bruise on my leg or something now because it really hurts.

This happened on the pavement of a really busy high street but I didn't have enough time to feel embarrassed about the odd looks I was getting because the guy I bumped into started talking to me.

"Did you just move to South Park?" He asked, chuckling half-heartedly  when I just gave him a blank stare, "Sorry, that was out of nowhere. But, I mean, I've never seen you before and this town is so small....I practically know everyone and their grandparents by now."

"No, it's alright!" I shook my head dismissively, "You don't have to apologise. You're right, I just got here like two days ago but we're still unpacking."

"Right. What street?"

"Uh I think it was called.....Fairlane Avenue...?" I scrunched up my face, as if that would help me remember. Kyle next to me nodded at this.

"That's near the school, I'm guessing the new kid they were talking about joining soon is you." Kyle blew some of his strands out of his eyes as we walked along the side of the Main road, on our way home "Must be tough; coming here in the middle of exam season."

"I guess but it's not like I had much of a choice." I tensed up when I heard a phone ring, instantly checking mine. It was Kyle's. He took one look at the caller ID and cursed softly under his breath.

"Shit-I better hurry home now." He shoved his phone back in his pocket, getting ready to leave before he abruptly turned to me again."Um, hey Butters-I'll see you tomorrow. If you're nervous you can tag along with me and my friends for the rest of the week, yeah? Until you get your bearings. I mean, they're annoying as fuck most of the time but don't let that put you off, OK?"

I tried to hide the smile creeping up on my face, "OK, yeah. Thank you. I appreciate it."

"Don't thank me, dude." He crossed the road at an intersection and then waved at me from the other side before continuing his journey home.

I started heading to my own house after that. My mom originally sent me here to get familiar with the town as a whole. Or maybe it was to get me out of the house. Either way, it was getting dark so I couldn't stay on streets for much longer.

The house was quiet and the lights were out when I got back.

***

The next day, I left again before my parents even woke up. I was just not in the mood to talk to them so if they bring it up, I'm just going to tell them that I got there early to make sure I was on time. I doubt they'll be even ask though. They don't really care, as far as I'm concerned.

Because of this, I obviously ended up skipping breakfast too. I don't get hungry in the mornings but I do later on in the day if I don't have anything to eat. On my way out, I just grabbed an apple and hoped this would last me until I got back.

Surprisingly, I did not get lost while walking to school. Kyle was right-South Park isn't exactly massive; compared to the cities you see in places like New York and California. There were other kids trailing in with me, towards the main entrance and I sort of craned my neck to look around for Kyle. You'd think his green hat could be spotted from a mile away but almost everyone else there was also wearing hats and I couldn't tell where he was.