Black Cat Appreciation Day

Adrien Agreste, son of the number one top fashion designer in all of Paris, was on his computer surfing the internet to check if what he had heard that day as Chat Noir was true.

As Chat Noir, he had saved some Chinese tourists from an Akuma attack and they had celebrated saying that they were saved because of the good luck he gave off.

Once the Akuma was defeated he went to go see his civilian friend Marinette, knowing she had Chinese relatives' to see if this was right.

"Yes." she said while doing her homework "Most of China and a few other countries believe that black cats are actually good luck not bad."

"So if we were in China I would be the lucky one, Princess?" he asked looking up from the mini sofa, confused "But what about Ladybug?"

"Oh she'll still be lucky too don't worry," Marinette said not looking up from her work.

"But what about all this 'Balance' stuff?" Chat Noir asked climbing up to lie down on the bed next to her so she'd give him her attention.

"What balance stuff?" Marinette asked trying to ignore him.

"My Kwami, he's what give supers like me our powers," Chat explained in case she didn't know "Said at some point that the reason I have bad luck was to balance out Ladybug's good luck. If we're both good luck in China and these other countries then where's the bad luck?"

"I don't know?" she said after thinking for a bit "Guess that's why they always have earthquakes and tsunami's and volcanoes." she muttered getting back to work.

Seeing she had had enough and time was running out before he changed back into Adrien, Chat said goodbye and left.

o0o

As soon as they got home, with Plagg stuffing his face, Adrien typed in 'Are black cats good luck?' into the search bar and clicked on the first thing that came up that seemed rather promising.

Scrolling down his read:

Black cats are considered good luck in the rest of Britain and Japan.

Furthermore, it is believed that a lady who owns a black cat will have many suitors.'

In Western history, black cats have typically been looked upon as a symbol of evil omens, specifically being suspected of being the familiars of witches, or actually shape-shifting witches themselves.

Most of Europe considers the black cat a symbol of bad luck, particularly if one walks across the path in front of a person, which is believed to be an omen of misfortune and death. In Germany, some believe that black cats crossing a person's path from right to left, is a bad omen. But from left to right, the cat is granting favorable times.

In the United Kingdom it is commonly considered that a black cat crossing a person's path is a good omen.

Reading this out for Plagg to hear Adrien waited for a reply from him.

"I'm not sure about the others but there have been incidents with girls some of my old Chat Noirs liked to visit when the job was done, where they had long lines of young men trying to get her to marry them." Plagg said before going back to stuffing his face.

Scrolling down a bit more Adrien's eyes widened as he saw the next bit of information.

"Hey Plagg what's the date today?" he asked seeing as the Kwami was closer to the calendar.

"Um... August 15th." Plagg said coming over to rest on Adrien's shoulder "Why?"

Adrien pointed at the screen grinning.