Chapter Two

Chapter two

A worried Rhys had rung Gwen numerous of times when he heard about the missing people and she didn't have any answers what so ever. The rest of the day  went by so slowly, seconds felt like minutes and minutes felt like hours. Her eyes went from left to right as she watched Jack pace around the hub. She craved her daughter but she did not want to leave Jack but she could not bear the silence. 

After what seemed like hours Jack suddenly stopped pacing and turned sharply to face her. He looked thoughtful as he ran his hand through his neat hair  then he quickly adjusted his braces and he let out a little laugh. "We need to find out how they are controlling the rift."

"Who's they? We need to find out what they want" Gwen said.

"It's obviously someone we have pissed off before."

"Well that narrows it down"  They both laughed and for that second Gwen felt the worry drain from her body. 

She thought back to the amount of people they have managed to piss off throughout the years. They pissed off the government times and times again but they have just been assigned back to Torchwood, it couldn't be them, could it? Maybe it was the three families wanting to take revenge for their defeat. Lots of scenario's went through her head but it wasn't very helpful as it could be anyone. She rang Rhys to tell him that she was working over night and she said goodnight to her daughter. The night consisted of Gwen and Jack debating who caused this and they kept an eye out for anymore rift activity and watched for anything strange above, on the bay. To their disappointment nothing at all happened. 

Dawn arrived and still nothing happened. Jack was tapping away on the computer trying to find out anything. Gwen was watching the cctv of the bay up above them to pass the time when she noticed something appear in front of the tower. It was a blue police box. It was Jack's beloved doctor.